Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my IS 300 and it came with BRIDGESTONE RE040. I feel the griping and braking is not satisfactory. Would you advise to change it to ADVAN 07 immediately, will it has significant different.
Pls advise.
THANKS

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Advan 07's...those might be a little harder to get your hands on...

check the sticky above for the Top Performance Tires offered by Tirerack.com

then throw in Toyo T1-S at your local Les Schwab dealer

·
Registered
177 Posts
lilaznboi said:
Advan 07's...those might be a little harder to get your hands on...

check the sticky above for the Top Performance Tires offered by Tirerack.com

then throw in Toyo T1-S at your local Les Schwab dealer
I agree with lil, you may want to try some other performance tires which are easier to get your hands on.

I have a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, I have 225/45 17 on all 4 corner and these tires are fantastic both dry and wet.

Other popular tires on this board are: TOYO TS1, Bridgestone Potenza S-03

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Not sure how easy it is to get the advan 07's. Try the S-03's of TA kd's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for prompt reply. Is the performance tire have noticable improvement when compare with stock with same offset? Should I change it now as just ran for 300 km.

Thanks again

·
Registered
177 Posts
winsomho said:
Thanks all for prompt reply. Is the performance tire have noticable improvement when compare with stock with same offset? Should I change it now as just ran for 300 km.

Thanks again
I had about 11000 miles on my factory tires before the Goodyear F1 GS-d. The Goodyear tires are much better in wet condition than the factory ones, dry condition improvemments are not that noticeble.

I guess the opinions will vary by a lot or very little depending on your driving style. I assume that if you drive aggressively, you would notice a bigger difference between the factory tires and the performance tires.

I would suggest that you use the factory tires for a bit longer, you did pay for them when you purchased the car :wink:

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts