Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my IS SportsDesign last month. It came with 215/45Z17 Bridgestone Potenza RE040. I checked on the price on the Tirerack website, and they're the most expensive Bridgestone. Way more expensive than any other brands - tied with the Michelin Pilot Sport for the top spot. However they rank among the worst in the Tirerack's survey. This is very dissappointing! Does anybody have an opinion on these tires? I thought they were pretty good.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have ran the 040s pretty hard and they work well in the wet and dry. The problems are wear and price as mentioned above.

I always laugh when someone claims that brandX tire is way better than the 040s. Since they spent all the money to replace the tires do you really think they would say the tires are worse than what they had before? Almost every OEM tire will get bad rating by owners because they are convinced that the tires suck when really it is the driver who sucks.

When the 040s wear out go with a set of S-03s or GS-D3s. They are cheaper, work as well or better in the wet/dry and should last longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.