Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to purchase 2 pairs of used tires.
Bridgestone S03s for the front axle,
and Bridgetone RE750s for the rear.

the Re750s wear less than the S03s, so I can put these on the rears for longer life than the S03s, and have the S03s in front for grip out of a quick turn.

is it fully safe to run this setup? i canyon almost daily, since i moved back to my old house, and its close to canyons.

S03 = 220 AA A, 88Y
750 = 340 AA A, 88W

with different tread and speed ratings, its still fine to run this setup?

to my logic, it might not be best setup in rain cuz i have less traction tires in the rear, on a RWD car. but it doesnt rain much here, so its not an issue.

id like some experienced input, thanks in advance.

-Aaron

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mmm some has gotta know about this =\

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
dumb idea... you are going to adversly affect the drivability.. Placing a grippier tire in the front can cause the rear to kick otu very easy... putting a grippy tire in the rear can cuase major understear, but save you more from poor driving skills and overtsteet you cant control.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see. hmm. but there is nothing actually wrong right? i mean the mistakes are made by the driver, but a setup with 2 different tires front and rear should be fine right?

-Aaron

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't think it's a good idea, even though the AA traction is the same both tires definitly have different handling characteristics, may be unpredictable because they are not designed to work together. It's not the same with race tires a soft front hard rear commonly used but those are slicks, not road tires with diferent construction and tread design. The tire you have aren't even of the same performance category, max performance summer and ultra high performance does make a huge difference. Break away characteristics, the fronts will bite hard but the rears will break first unless you like to drift especially on tight canyon roads, i would be careful. But hey your car have fun with it, good luck.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it sounds a little fun to experiment a little, and to test different characteristics of my car, but sounds a little life threatening =[

1 - 6 of 6 Posts