Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 453 Posts

·
4,636 Posts
Well i am rebuilding the head and installing new valve seals so far everything is going well. even the crank pulley bolt came out no problem which kind of shocked me. after the head is done in a few hours i will take some more pics of the new cams and what not going into the head :)

·
4,636 Posts
Cams are in, car is running and it sounds sexy!! Anyone who has doubts on these cams shouldnt anymore. I just put them in a brand new engine and had no worries about them at all!!

·
4,636 Posts
if i can find time to get to a dyno after my motor is broken in a little ill jump on it. after a short test drive my butt dyno can feel a nice swift kick in the pants! I wanna say it probably added maybe 30hp or 35hp at the max. i love my 2nd gear pull tho its lovely!! Oh yeah and it only took me about 2.5 days to swap engines rebuild the head and then also change every part over so i guess it was a good weekend!!

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
if i can find time to get to a dyno after my motor is broken in a little ill jump on it. after a short test drive my butt dyno can feel a nice swift kick in the pants! I wanna say it probably added maybe 30hp or 35hp at the max. i love my 2nd gear pull tho its lovely!! Oh yeah and it only took me about 2.5 days to swap engines rebuild the head and then also change every part over so i guess it was a good weekend!!
Leonard,

Let me know what it may cost for a dyno, because I wanna get you a quote.

Eddie

·
4,636 Posts
alright i will give sound performanmce a call and see if i can get a few pulls on a dyno and ill let you know when it happens. but as for now i have no problems with these cams and everything is running perfect!!

·
4,636 Posts
Engine:
-Toyo Moto Header
-Megan racing Y-Pipe
-Apexi N1 Cat-back
-Joe-Z intake
-Unorthodox Racing Cam Gear (set to 0 right now)

Suspension/Brakes:
-Hotckis Springs
-Illumina's
-TT Brake Swap
-Hawk HPS Pads
-SS Brake Lines
-TRD Red Sway Bars (front and rear)
-Upper Front Strut Bar

Body:
Vis CF Front Type R Lip

And I'm letting the stock ECU tune it for me and so far i am happy with the out come!!!

·
4,636 Posts
i will get to that when i have a bit more cash, but for now the ECU seems to be doing ok. I work at a toyota dealership so i have access to a Techstream and thats the first thing i checked out were my afr values.

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
i will get to that when i have a bit more cash, but for now the ECU seems to be doing ok. I work at a toyota dealership so i have access to a Techstream and thats the first thing i checked out were my afr values.

OOOO very nice. What is it running at? Is the IS300 stock wideband or narrowband?

·
4,636 Posts
right now my AFR voltage is hanging around 3.73v which is about where it should be and everything seems to be switching back and forth. I'll have to go on a ride again to see what my short term fuel trim is at. if thats ok then im doing alright. but untill i get a AEM wideband and gauge im done doing engine mods cause im at the point where they are starting to become more important.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
More Video and dyno..

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
right now my AFR voltage is hanging around 3.73v which is about where it should be and everything seems to be switching back and forth. I'll have to go on a ride again to see what my short term fuel trim is at. if thats ok then im doing alright. but untill i get a AEM wideband and gauge im done doing engine mods cause im at the point where they are starting to become more important.
I have the AEM if you want my flagship love PLX Devices for wideband AFR. Do you know what 3.73v reads out into stoich?

21 - 40 of 453 Posts