Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a couple questions...

I saw a set of BC Stage 2 2JZGTE cams for a really good price and did some research... the duration is the same as the BC Stage2 VVti 2JZGE cam but its higher lift (similar to the Stage 3 cam lift for GE). Now, I understand that the VVTi will not work with these cams, but would it be worth installing the GTE cams? The price difference is nearly 200 dollars.

I've done searching on the board, but I can't find anyone who specifically has run the BC GTE cams in a GE motor. I want to think it would make more power just because of the higher lift, but do you guys think it'd be worth sacrificing VVTi?

·
Registered
502 Posts
The combination of your screen name implying that you're a female and your extensive use of mechanical vocabulary is making me all fuzzy inside.

I'm just curious as to whether or not your ultimate goal here is to make more NA power. If so, I'd post this question over in the go fast section rather than here.

Also, found this a few lines down from your thread. Not sure whether or not they fit the bill, though.

http://my.is/forums/f114/new-gte-vvti-cams-released-407719/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.