Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone kno where I can pick up a pair of brembo crossdrilled rotors in the GTA

I cant purchase them online (need a site that accepts paypal) because most of them dont ship to canada.

I check tirerack and my bill came up to $500 with shipping. -.-

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
are you looking for the drilled by brembo or aftermarket drilled ones?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Check with Sunnyd21. If he doesn't have... I think he got them from Tires23.

There's some debate over whether or not Brembo makes drilled rotors for the rear of the IS300. Some people say yes... other people say the rear rotors are drilled out after-the-fact before being sold.

Just so you know... Brembo rotors at this level aren't known for being so special. StopTech is another brand that is known for making good rotors for the IS300. You don't need to get BBK... they make OEM fitment rotors.

Also slotted is known for being better in street use in comparison to cross-drilled.

But otherwise... yeah... I think Tires23 can get them for you.

·
Registered
903 Posts
thanks, PM sent!!

Check with Sunnyd21. If he doesn't have... I think he got them from Tires23.

There's some debate over whether or not Brembo makes drilled rotors for the rear of the IS300. Some people say yes... other people say the rear rotors are drilled out after-the-fact before being sold.

Just so you know... Brembo rotors at this level aren't known for being so special. StopTech is another brand that is known for making good rotors for the IS300. You don't need to get BBK... they make OEM fitment rotors.

Also slotted is known for being better in street use in comparison to cross-drilled.

But otherwise... yeah... I think Tires23 can get them for you.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
If I remember correctly Brembo only makes blanks in the OEM size, all the drilled versions are done by some aftermarket shop and just weaken the structure.

You can't just randomly drill holes in a rotor which was not designed with it in mind.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Crester,

Do you have the stoptech rotors as mentioned in your sig? What do you think of them...maybe a review?

·
Registered
903 Posts
If I remember correctly Brembo only makes blanks in the OEM size, all the drilled versions are done by some aftermarket shop and just weaken the structure.

You can't just randomly drill holes in a rotor which was not designed with it in mind.
Brembo does make drilled versions, the ones i have came in a OEM brembo box and were drilled,

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I just checked Brembo's parts catalogue and they list blanks, drilled and slotted rotors for front and rear axles.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

You know... some people here drill their own rotors. I'm not comfortable with that myself... but they seem to like it.

It's just that if it's not done properly... you're asking for trouble! Regardless of how it's done... you are right... the structure of the rotor is being weakened.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Crester,

Do you have the stoptech rotors as mentioned in your sig? What do you think of them...maybe a review?
I don't have StopTech OEM fit rotors myself... but I've heard great things about them. Some people even rank them above the Brembo OEM rotors in terms of construction and resistance to warping. The only thing is... I believe they cost more than Brembo rotors as well.

The stoptech rotors come with the un-used surfaces of the rotors coated like you see in the pic.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You know... some people here drill their own rotors. I'm not comfortable with that myself... but they seem to like it.

It's just that if it's not done properly... you're asking for trouble! Regardless of how it's done... you are right... the structure of the rotor is being weakened.

Arggh! thats the shit that im trying to stay away from!

it is true DO NOT just go buy some cross drilled from a side shop that claims they are Brembo because in the past few years brembro ( cross drilled ) has been sold by soo many that we dont know what is genuwine anymore.

My brakes are FFFUCKED! and im still waiting and debating on what to put. I did put a set of Original brembros on my supra T. and they were amazing and took some real serious Braking ( 230-250kmh braking ) constantly and never let up.

I just had Crossed..ive never tried slotted, so im waiting for someone to post about what may be better. i would assume cross and drilled would be better due to the fact that heat may be exhausted much better, but as mentioned before it will also take the durability away considering you drilling away the material.

what are you paying $500 for from Tire rack? all rotors and pads? thats what i paid for the supra. i would go for it if you cant figure anything else out.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I just checked Brembo's parts catalogue and they list blanks, drilled and slotted rotors for front and rear axles.
Yeap, I saw that the other day, that definitely is a new product line as they didn't have those when I was shopping for rotors.

All they used to sell were just blanks in the OEM size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts