Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
viggen, do not avoid vtec plenum opening -- under any circumstances. 99% of people believe that breaking a car in = babying it, and that's not true. a car has to be broken in across the entire range it will see after the break-in period, not just <x revs. from a number of porsche tech classes i took, the best way to break an engine in is to let the engine see all sorts of conditions, sometimes with erratic changes, and to build revs slowly at first. yes, u can rev to 6-8K, but don't let the revs mount quickly under full throttle until you start seeing 400-500 miles on it.

if u don't open the vtec plenum, you are doing your car a great disservice. open it up every now and again.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
Well, the IS300 manual says not to exceed 4000 RPMs or 55Mph in the first 1000 miles. It also said to avoid hard braking.
all manuals say something similar, even for my porsche 951. to maximize performance and longevity, the engine needs to be gently broken in across nearly all rev ranges. avoid hard braking, yes, but declerate suddenly and then slowly get back up to speed. force the car to be in a gear other that what the ECU decides is best.

if it helps, this isn't me talking...this is porsche's tech instructor for pca/smr.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by viggen:
I don't know any drug dealers, but I have a friend who moonlights as a pimp in Vegas. He owns a Lincoln Navigator with chrome wheels, a Range Rover 4.6HSE with chrome wheels, and a Dodge Durango with chrome wheels (do you see a pattern here?)
why sure...all sport-utes

SUV drivers = pimps

simple

what do i win?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.