Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put down a deposit on a yellow S2000. I know that with most cars it is wise to keep the revs below 4000RPM during the first 1000 miles. However, most cars redline at 6,000RPM or less, not 9,000RPM like the S2000. Heck, the vtec doesn't even kick in until 6,000RPM. Therefore, would it be okay to rev the S2K higher than 4,000RPM during the break-in period?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cardinal_creek, I've agreed to pay $33,500 plus tax for the S2000. The dealer wanted $36,000. My car will have no optional equipment. In fact, the only options available on S2Ks are dealer-installed accessories like a rear spoiler. The car will be here in mid-October.

Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Viggen, If you don't mind me asking, what is the S2K setting you back? What options did you opt for? Did you have to pay MSRP or more?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know any drug dealers, but I have a friend who moonlights as a pimp in Vegas. He owns a Lincoln Navigator with chrome wheels, a Range Rover 4.6HSE with chrome wheels, and a Dodge Durango with chrome wheels (do you see a pattern here?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.