Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i have 1K miles and i can see how this car really accelerates. I slipped into manual and steering wheel shifted. Smooth acceleration all the way to red line. Tommorrow I will be a little more aggressive and see what this thing can do. Take it up to 100-120mph to see how steady the front end is, and the overall suspension at those speeds. Wish me luck.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
818 Posts
How long have you had your car, Civic? Ive had my IS for 3 weeks and I had 3300 miles when I left home

Ive got to start driving my other car more often, and leave the IS at home so it can rest

------------------
Justy
99 328i
01 IS300

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just hit 1k this weekend and I got my IS up to 140mph easily. It was alot smoother than I thought it would be. Be careful and don't get a ticket or crash!
Originally posted by civic Si-r:
Finally i have 1K miles and i can see how this car really accelerates. I slipped into manual and steering wheel shifted. Smooth acceleration all the way to red line. Tommorrow I will be a little more aggressive and see what this thing can do. Take it up to 100-120mph to see how steady the front end is, and the overall suspension at those speeds. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn you have some miles. Bought it on Dec.1. Going to put it thru the paces now, gotta see if it was worth the money. Has everyone really STOMPED on the gas to feel the G's? And no i won't get into an accident or crash the vehicle

Originally posted by ISsoon:
How long have you had your car, Civic? Ive had my IS for 3 weeks and I had 3300 miles when I left home

Ive got to start driving my other car more often, and leave the IS at home so it can rest

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
653 Posts
You have a lot of miles. I bought mine in August and it has 4200 miles on it now.
Originally posted by ISsoon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
triz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing