Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a sneak peak agian....alot of research has gone into this exahust.....its a 2 1/2 in cat back ...mandrell bent ..exahust system.....and it has dynoed with 12 more hp at the wheels with a stock air box...cost is gonna be $550....from Toyomoto in miami FL
305-599-3050.....reply here and tell me what ya think?http://www.deepredhole.com/sc300tt/index.htm

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
343 Posts
How loud is it ? would it be comparable to a NA Supra with an exhaust ? Any of that "droning" inside the car at, say, 70mph on the freeway ? Is it a straight through muffler ?

[This message has been edited by oh-dawg (edited October 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent heard it personaly..but i was told with the catalytic in...the resonator..and muffler..its a nice rumble...not real loud...and it is a straight through muffler

i also forgot to post that it will be available in 3 in for the turbo cars.....with the n/a cars the car lost power in the midrange with the 3in exahust

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
The "B" pipe looks a little low. I wonder if you'll run into problems with clearance if your car is lowered.

Mark

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
if it has a low deep bass sound at idle and won't be like a trumpet at full throttle i'll buy it rite away. don't want tooo loud of exhaust...just want very deep tones.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lil...its definitly not a whiny exahust...its supposed to be very sligtly louder than stock at idle and has a nice rumble when you get on it....not an exahust like a honda or an older rx7...im gonna hear it for myself this week if it stops raining in miami and i dont float away here...but my buddy who heard it said it sounds really nice...and 12hp at the wheels and the looks of it for 550 its a good deal...wish i had an is so i could buy one

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm not doubting that it's a good exhaust but 12hp is kind of a lot for just an exhaust system. Maybe if it was a intake/exhaust or intake/header/exhaust combo but just a straight exhaust gaining that much. A lot of companies claim hp gains but when on the dyno they just don't cut it and give average numbers.

[This message has been edited by GPR (edited October 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think that is a dyno'ed 12 horsepower to the rear wheels.. I can believe it though.. you figure the GS has dual exhaust (although not true dual) and is rated at 10 more hp.. this setup has larger diameter piping and a straight through muffler, not baffled like an OEM muffler.. which is why I really question how loud its going to be.. but I guess we'll see..

·
Registered
168 Posts
How big is the stock exhaust?
and how much is it to install an exhaust?

[This message has been edited by is300pat (edited October 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Usually the places that will install the exhaust rip you off. it be better just to do it yourself just as long as it's a direct bolt on. If you install it yourself it will probably take an hour or two.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the system is a direct bolt on.....and the b pipe should be just fine if you lower the car....i would love to tell you i heard it but miami is under water right now...i now own lake front property....what a deal....anyway....my friend said the exahust isnt loud at all....a deep tone...he said it has a very nice rumble to it....
these guys did alot of testing with different mufflers....different diameter pipes and this was the best combination...and it did get 12 hp to the wheels with only the exahust....ill try to get dyno sheets for ya...

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
164 Posts
SC,
Can you make a recording of the exhaust tones at multiple rpms and post it?

Still looking for a quiet, but potent exhaust. Hope this fits the bill.

Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was the third muffler they tried before they came up with a good tone with no droning or humming noise associated with I6 motors, resonator also made a big improvement both are strait thru and price will be $450.00 instead of $550.00....so now its a super deal.....i dont have a recording of the car ...im sorry about that..im sure once someone from the board here gets one they will be happy to tell you more about it...so who is 1st?

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts