Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To IS owners: I've notice everytime i finish washing my car the brakes squeak pretty loud as you're backing out from the driveway. it sounds as if the the brake pads are missing as if its rubbing from metal to meatal. let me know if you all experience this. or is this a common thing to large (in dia.) rotors? please correct me if im wrong on this and your input is greatly appreciated. thanks! > jayrey300 -SI to IS -

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've always been told to apply the brakes HARD a few times after washing. This should remove any water that may still be on them and perhaps eliminate the squeak you're hearing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Waiting4...,

As the SBM is an eye-catching color, you will definitely like the Graphite. What options are you looking for your car (LSD,Graphite wheels...)?

·
Registered
226 Posts
jayrey300,
There's nothing wrong. It's just the sound of your discs slipping from the pads due to the water.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys.. i appreciate it. one quick question. when you open the driver side door and front passenger door all-the-way, do you hear anything coming from the door stopper (the one that prevents the door from opening too wide)? again, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
water causes less friction and oxidation (like rust) and causes your car to squeak and moan at worst after washing, it will go away when the brakes are dry and the oxidation is ground off (brakes do that for you) so nothing to worry about.
about the doors if you open them all the way i hear like a pop or clicking noise...i dont see it as anything out of the ordinary though..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DonCorleone, actually for the doors, i had an appointment with the dealership and spoke with there master tech and he said that he will compare my door (x2 fronts) with other IS300s. he came back to me and said that he doesnt here that popping sound. he then, took my door molding off to inspect it and later told me he will order the parts. for me the sound(popping) is irritatitng. sounds as if its going to break. well hope is info helps the IS family.
jayrey300 - SI to IS -

Originally posted by DonCorleone:
water causes less friction and oxidation (like rust) and causes your car to squeak and moan at worst after washing, it will go away when the brakes are dry and the oxidation is ground off (brakes do that for you) so nothing to worry about.
about the doors if you open them all the way i hear like a pop or clicking noise...i dont see it as anything out of the ordinary though..

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
actually i went out to my car and looked at it right after my last post and it does look odd...thanks for the heads up, i'm taking it to the dealer to have them look at it. how long did he say it would take? if they expect to have thcar in for awhile then i'd call ahead and make an appointment for a rental...

·
Registered
187 Posts
GreyIS4_U

Well, I am looking for a hot color to support my needs of satisfaction. Other than color, graphite wheels are one of them. I think I'm looking to get the BlueBlack because I really sweat the SBM but I'm not feeling the Ivory. My Ivory was getting marked up quickly considering my car was only a couple of months old. It wasn’t bad but I can only imagine what it would be like in a few years. My biggest concerns these days are colors.

Doesn’t life just suck when your biggest problem is choosing a color of a new Lex!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts