Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A short run down on mods. I'm lowered on eibachs w/ Stillen Front brakes. i have 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 (i rub a lil only when backing up w/ wheel turned, or heavy bumps). I went to Willow Springs a while back the Streets course, which consisted of plenty of turns, and some elevation and de-elevation turning. Now w/ on ramps to the freeway and taking it at high speed i will get some rubbing. However, when the track day was over, my brakes were slightly scraping the rotor, as if i was out of brake pad. So i had to drive my car back, w/ slight scraping going on, and drove it, and the sound went away and the brake stopped scratching (and making the noise) WHAT could the problem have been? The rotors aren't warped and i have plenty of pad left?

I'm goin back ot the track in Late Sept. and don't want this to happen again. Help! Do u think different tires would help ? i.e. 225/40/18? Or something?

I thought it was all the pressure on the rotors w the turning and heavy driving, but i dont know. HELP PROS!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I drove my car at the las vegas motor speedway roadcourse for three days.After that My brakes made a rubbing noise. I took off the tires and looked at the pads they looked fine. Then I looked again because they were still making noise. One cornner was worn all the way down to the guard. Replaced the pads and away I went. :D

Russ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts