Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
aight, dude don't get the drilled rotors-they crack. Second, the stock rotors are very good. Alot of people also recommend staying w/ the stock pads also. The only thing IMO worth changing out is the lines. I have goodridge SS lines and love them.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Okay, I hear alot of people saying that drilled rotors crack....well I have slotted and cross drilled e-bay special rotors and have had them for about 2-3 years...they have not cracked once. I can totally see them cracking if you do ALOT of AutoXing but for everyday street use...they are just fine.

I also recommend you staying with the stock pads, they are very good and last a good while.

As for the lines...I can't for the life of me see how this would make a difference in how the car stops. Unless one of my lines rips or something, i won't be putting them on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay stick to OEM but.......The OEM rotors look ugly and the black paint from the rotors is chipping off. So in other words I need to change rotors as second choice what would any of you guys go with. I'll probably get OEM pads since they are good.

THanks for the feedback

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
don't do slotted rotors on a stock pad (if you really care about anmythign other than looks)- thats very not necessary.

drilled and slotted will be fine if you jsut drive around town on them - just make sure to inspect them here and there to look for cracking

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I mean I am doing basically driving around town..I am boosting in a few months but not 700 rwhp at max imma be at 350rwhp and thats probably it for now.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
IIS300 said:
I mean I am doing basically driving around town..I am boosting in a few months but not 700 rwhp at max imma be at 350rwhp and thats probably it for now.
Check out Stop Tech site or call Matt at 1-301-325-4799 ext 105. Tell him about your plan and get some technical feed back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts