Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02' IS 300. I need at least brake pads (they're squealing), How much should I expect to pay?

:::marks cut lines around arm and leg:::

·
Registered
208 Posts
It matters what type of pads you go with
I replaces my rotors and pads = spent around $500.00.
Checkout Tire Rack or Auto Anything for pricing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do it yourself and save the money! Changing pads is a sinch! But..if you need to resurface the rotors and stuff....you'll have to pull off the rotors. Depending on where you live....rust can make this a PITA! Last winter, my brakes were starting to squeek...I was feeling lazy so I had midas do it. Ended up 170ish for them to replace the front pads with a resurface. That, I could of done for less then 100. But...its the price you pay for being lazy right!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
^^^do it yourself...changing the pads are really easy!!! Just remember to put everything back as it was...-

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I just changed the pads and turned the rotors a few weeks ago. $150 for the pads from lexus. Like $40 to turn the rotors and I did all the work myself. It was pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I hate paying for BJs, thats why I do it myself.

:)

Reactions: MoonlightSilver_IS

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do it yourself and save the money! Changing pads is a sinch! But..if you need to resurface the rotors and stuff....you'll have to pull off the rotors. Depending on where you live....rust can make this a PITA! Last winter, my brakes were starting to squeek...I was feeling lazy so I had midas do it. Ended up 170ish for them to replace the front pads with a resurface. That, I could of done for less then 100. But...its the price you pay for being lazy right!
Right. I could do it myself, but i'd rather have someone who's done a lot of brake jobs do it. I can see myself missing a critical step, and then driving off a mountain or some damn thing.

Thanks for the info everyone. That's what I love about this forum. I post something, and get a lot of intelligent feedback. You guys rule!
:cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Right. I could do it myself, but i'd rather have someone who's done a lot of brake jobs do it. I can see myself missing a critical step, and then driving off a mountain or some damn thing.

Thanks for the info everyone. That's what I love about this forum. I post something, and get a lot of intelligent feedback. You guys rule!
:cool:
Do it yourself!!
The IS is so easy to change the pads & rotors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts