Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello all,

As an update, I never had a chance to replace the bushings and ball points. However, this weekend I removed the "ABS Motor" fuse from the fuse box that's located by the battery. Once it was removed, I drove the car and that noise went away! I then put that fuse back, and then removed the "ABS SOL" fuse, and again the noise went away. I then put that fuse back (both fuses in the box), and drove the car and that noise returned! :(

I'm thinking this could be an ABS issue? Or maybe a defective ABS wheel sensor? I tried looking up wiring diagrams, but got nowhere as I really dont understand how the ABS system is wired.

Please advise.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same damn clicking noise, right when coming to a stop. But I also get a violent vibration when coming to a stop quickly at high speeds.. don't know what it could be

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks! I bought the car with the lip, but it's a TRD lip (according to the previous owner). The fitment is exact, no mods, just paint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You should check the wheels if balanced properly if your getting violent vibration when coming to a stop. A four-wheel alignment would be good also.

I seriously think it's either the ABS module or ABS wheel sensors that's making that clicking noise. I think i should replace the wheel sensors first and see what happens, then the module.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts