Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, my 2001 was wrecked about a month ago and now the 2002 just arrived an hour ago!

I'll post the list price and what they offer it to me for after I go test drive her.

Ill also take a couple pics!:)

I have the SRT Race intake, Greddy exhaust and s2000 antenna all here ready to slap on her!

WOOO HOOOOO

<:(((><IEST1

·
Registered
449 Posts
Originally posted by Fishiest1:
[QB]Yes, my 2001 was wrecked about a month ago and now the 2002 just arrived an hour ago!

I'll post the list price and what they offer it to me for after I go test drive her.

Ill also take a couple pics!

I wanna see her when she gets in, hopefully the red one with nav and 5-sp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,, just got back...

It was red but with the tan ecsaine interior and no nav so that really isn't what I want. I'll have to wait till they order one for me:(. Lets see, the interior has poling on it now, there is a drape airbag and the rear view mirror has a compass and auto dimmer.

I took it for a ride and it is certainly fast than the auto. Everytime I tried I chirped the tires going into 2nd. I like the feel of the manual and you could also feel the difference in the tightened suspension.

The one I looked at was kinda bare bones and was actually less than my 2001 at 32, 800ish.

If there are any other questions Ill be happy to answer.:)

<:(((><Iest1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Fishiest1, So how was the test drive in the 5-speed?.. I see you stated that you were trying to chirp it in 2nd?.. So did it chirp?.. I mean were you successful in chirping it even w/ the lsd?.. or did the model you test drove, come equipped w/ the lsd?.. If so then how did it sound (long and hard chirp or weak and short) and feel?.. Did it feel solid and stable, like there was still some ooMPH after the chirp? Also was it easy to break loose the rear tires in 1st? heh..sorry bout' all the questions..
, I just wanted to hear some first hand experiences.. = TIA =

·
8,880 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Manual version comes with LSD as standard equipment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
not sure.. I thought it was still an option..
(which I think it should be standard though, because the LSD is a major factor in up'ping the peformance of a 5-speed IS300)...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Originally posted by vlad_a:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Manual version comes with LSD as standard equipment.
definitely correct there - all 5 speeds are being built w/LSD

·
Registered
551 Posts
definitely correct there - all 5 speeds are being built w/LSD
Wrong, If you live in the south there are NO LSDs But all 02s in the rest of the country have LSD in both ecaine and full leather option packages. There is not one dealer with or expecting and LSD in the southern section.

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: lexluger ]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mornin all.

I don't seem to remember the IS having LSD but I'm going back there today and I'll check again to be certain. The chirp into 2nd was pretty solid and I did get it all 3 or 4 times I tried. The car felt very stable though, I really liked the feel of her. I never tried to break loose off the start just cause there were 2 women in the car and 3 year old (saleswoman, my girlfriend and her son). But really that's more of a testimate to it's power about chirping going into 2nd considering it had no problem doing so with 3 adults and one munchkin in it.

I kinda have a bit of a plight here. I stand to get an additional 5-7gs from the ins co for the Loss of Value to my 2001 and they are fixing my 2001 to perfect specs. I'm just wondering if I should pocket the money and keep my 2001 for the rest of the lease or go ahead and spend it money and get the 2002. What say you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hunt,

The only thing is, my old one is a lease that my company pays for. Being that it's a lease I'll trade it in in about 23 months and who really cares if it's the same and I get to pocket the 7 g's.

I've not made up my mind yet,,, damn the manuals are sweet!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
But really that's more of a testimate to it's power about chirping going into 2nd considering it had no problem doing so with 3 adults and one munchkin in it.
Holy sh*t.. That's pretty impressive for stock trim... 3 adults and a lil' man
So what model do you think you might end up purchasing -- ie., escaine or full leather? lex' nav or aftermarket?... any other additional options you think you might want to have included as well??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bham,

hey buddy! I was thinking that you were from B'ham but I see you're in LA!

I would like to get the full leather this time, my 2001 had the ecsaine.

Beyond that I already have:
Greddy Exhaust
srt race intake
short antenna
RMM front lip spoiler
&
RMM rear spoiler
I have all this stuff just sittin in my house ready to throw on a car...:)

So do you have one or are ya gonna get one?

<:(((><

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Fishiest1 ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
For a fact,I'm most definitly purchasing one, more specifically the 02' IBP 5-speed. Still debating on the price and either the Full Leather trim or Escaine/Leather trim
.. Fully loaded, Maybe w/ nav or ??... Just waiting on Vista Lexus now.. (discussing certain figures, and they think they can beat what keyes lexus quoted me..)

oh yeah, I'm in the L.A area.. Where are you located @ ?? Well good luck on your purchase as well, and let me know what you finally decide on and the quote you rec'vd.. Take care =

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: [ BHAM ] ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts