Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found an 01 in north carolina that im goin to check out tomorrow. already went to my bank today and they pre-approved me for up to $25,000. Dealer wants $22. car's clean and the carfax is nice. 2 owners, and i think the first owner had it as a second car cuz the mileage tallied up real slow. so, i will hopefully have an IS sitting in my parking space in the next 24 hours. :approve:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
welcome...just to let you know,

$22k is a rip off for a 2001, unless it has like 10,000 miles on it..;)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
welcome...just to let you know,

$22k is a rip off for a 2001, unless it has like 10,000 miles on it..;)
i think he ment 100,000, but ya goodluck with the car

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
boosted_4door said:
i think he ment 100,000, but ya goodluck with the car
no Peter, I meant exactly what I said..

unless it has 10,000 miles on it, then its worth $22k.....otherwise, its a rip off for a 2001 model ;)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
lol, sorry misconstrued(sp?) what you wrote.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Yeah i'd be curious to know if it has all the options (including LSD) and what the mileage is before i'd think about paying $22k for an '01. I bought my '01 18months ago or so and paid around $20k.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
micaIS_01 said:
found an 01 in north carolina that im goin to check out tomorrow. already went to my bank today and they pre-approved me for up to $25,000. Dealer wants $22. car's clean and the carfax is nice. 2 owners, and i think the first owner had it as a second car cuz the mileage tallied up real slow. so, i will hopefully have an IS sitting in my parking space in the next 24 hours. :approve:
Are you buying this car from a Lexus dealer or a used car dealer. How many miles are on the odo? Try to bargain down the price more.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i've seen a couple of nice 01 is300s in the 13k price range last yr! and they had just under 100k miles. check autotrader.com, carmax.com, ebay, and your local classifieds. print those out and show your sales guy what the going rate is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
got a friend selling his for 14k but its yellow! so i think you have to be in the market for a yelllow one on that note.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its got 57k. asking 22 and it books for 21. im trading in my suburban. payoff on that thing is 18880, but tradein is only 14000 or so. so that gap that gets tagged on is whats getting me. i'm just looking at this particular one cuz its blue. most of the ones that are for sale arel either black, silver, charcoal, or white. unfortuneately its in a part of NC that got flooded by ophelia. gonna keep nosing around for some others. i've found some other ones with lower mileage, but the interior is a bit tattered. i think by in the morning, i'll have a solid gameplan. i've got the VIN. is there something in the VIN that says it has an LSD???

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
if its an O1, with full heated seats/sunroof/power seats, etc...full power package, then it has LSD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yup....its got a limited slip. fully loaded. here's what they listed: AIR CONDITIONING,ALLOY WHEELS,ANTI-LOCK BRAKES,CRUISE CONTROL,CHILD LOCKS,DUAL AIR BAGS,FOG LIGHTS,HEATED SEATS,INTERMITTENT WIPERS,LEATHER POWER SEATS,POWER SUNROOF,POWER BRAKES,POWER DOOR LOCKS,POWER MIRRORS,POWER POINT,POWER STEERING,POWER WINDOWS,AM-FM STEREO/CASSETTE/CD,REAR DEFROSTER,SIDE AIRBAGS,TRUNK RELEASE,TILT STEERING

IS in NC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow....i just found out that this car in NC is right on the coast. even if the roads werent flooded, im thinkin this car coulda easily taken some flood damage. someone mentioned cars.com, so i looked. i found an 02 fully loaded, with 45k for $20 flat. which is better than an 01 with 56k for a grand more. since tampa isnt being cranked by a hurricane, i do believe i'm goin to tampa instead.

·
Registered
771 Posts
if you have any friends who are used car dealers.. you can pay em like 500 to take you to an auction with them and bid on a low mileage IS for very cheap

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
yeah man...ive seen some boosted is300's on here going for around the same price..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts