Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 19" wheels, 225/35/19's, and I've noticed that there is rubbing in the front when i go over small bumps and such. I believe the tire is hitting the inside plastic part. Would aftermarket shocks remedy this bounce so that the suspension travels a smaller distance? I'm looking at the Eibach damper kit that matches with the pro kit springs ... I'm wondering if those would less the bounce. any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dude i just posted somthing about this. I'm having the same problem, but in my case i have coilovers so all i have to do is stiffin it up some. Yeah i believe getting some different shocks will help you out.
-Rob-

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5spd-lexus said:
Dude i just posted somthing about this. I'm having the same problem, but in my case i have coilovers so all i have to do is stiffin it up some. Yeah i believe getting some different shocks will help you out.
-Rob-
Thanks for your input ... seems like not very many people have tried this damper kit from Eibach ... maybe I'll have to be one of the first to try it out and post it here!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well,

I have the stock rims and tires, w/Eibach pro kits and stock shocks, and I have no problems, but I am currently in the process of getting 18" Volk GT- C w/235 all around.

Hopefully I don't have any kind of problems that you are having.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lonewolf said:
Well,

I have the stock rims and tires, w/Eibach pro kits and stock shocks, and I have no problems, but I am currently in the process of getting 18" Volk GT- C w/235 all around.

Hopefully I don't have any kind of problems that you are having.
Well, the problem is that it's not rubbing against the edge of the fender but rather the inside of the wheel well (the black plastic part). I talked with a guy at tirerack and he said the koni adjustable sport shocks would remedy this problem because those shocks are much better suited to absorb the rebound after the compression of the spring. I think that sounds reasonable ... it's about 5 or 6 bills for the entire shock kit shipped to your door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
psicho54
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing