Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Congrats, be safe, keep it right side up, no kneedraggin at first, break in the tires right, break in the motor right, don't break yourself in

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats, be safe, keep it right side up, no kneedraggin at first, break in the tires right, break in the motor right, don't break yourself in
Thanks! I have my helmet, I just need my jacket and boots.

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Anything in mind? Gear can get pretty pricey.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
cool! i just bought a bike as well. it'll be my first street bike, so it had to be really easy to fix and cheap. so i bought a 1990 fzr 600. lol. i like it from the front, but the tail fairing is hideous, so i bought an 2000 r6 tail fairing to update it a bit. take some pics!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
cool! i just bought a bike as well. it'll be my first street bike, so it had to be really easy to fix and cheap. so i bought a 1990 fzr 600. lol. i like it from the front, but the tail fairing is hideous, so i bought an 2000 r6 tail fairing to update it a bit. take some pics!
That was my first bike ('89 FZR600 red/white/blue) back in '97.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything in mind? Gear can get pretty pricey.
I found a HJC helemt for $150 and a really nice Jacket for $200. Still looking around, though. Not sure what's good and what's not.

Will do! Pick it up tomorrow!

That was my first bike ('89 FZR600 red/white/blue) back in '97.
What are you riding now?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Congrats.

A friend of mine just bought the exact same bike. He is still breaking it in. We should go ride some time. I got an 09 CBR600RR Phoenix edition.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats.

A friend of mine just bought the exact same bike. He is still breaking it in. We should go ride some time. I got an 09 CBR600RR Phoenix edition.
That would be awesome!

·
2,752 Posts
Hope you are an organ donor - keep you card handy around your neck!!!

More seriously be careful, I got sacked a few years back on my Hayabusa and haven't been riding since then...watch out for old people and young teenage drivers.

What's up with ur M3? When is it coming ???

Cheers, Don-

·
Registered
408 Posts
HJC is a decent helmet, if that. I had one when I first started riding (very noisy). You can find better for about the same price, maybe a little more/less if you look hard enough. If you can, try on gear at a local shop to see how it fits and you can easily find better deals online. My Scorpion EXO-700 (comfortable and pretty quiet) saved my life last year in an accident and I have since bought another one along with an AGV K3 (very light and not too noisy). I still ride and live in Laurel, if you want to meet up to ride or whatever, don't hesitate to hit me up.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HJC is a decent helmet, if that. I had one when I first started riding (very noisy). You can find better for about the same price, maybe a little more/less if you look hard enough. If you can, try on gear at a local shop to see how it fits and you can easily find better deals online. My Scorpion EXO-700 (comfortable and pretty quiet) saved my life last year in an accident and I have since bought another one along with an AGV K3 (very light and not too noisy). I still ride and live in Laurel, if you want to meet up to ride or whatever, don't hesitate to hit me up.
I bought a HJC helemt for the time being. It is VERY noisy, but it gets the job done.

Yar, wheres the M? The bike better be color matched.
Ran into complications, so I decided to wait till the end of my lease. Less then 180 days remaining. And yes, it is color matched. :D

is it brand new? how much did it set you back!
It is an 09 Brand New. It had 4 miles when I picked it up. I got a good deal on it. It was $9,000

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
uhmmmmmm your bike has a backwards dick. its right there. sticking out of its asshole.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
but minus the dick, its a good looking bike.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
congratulations!
Really nice bike, be safe and keep it that way.
But hold on a min, you said its a still new 09? For 9 grand? Don't these things retail for about 9 grand sticker price?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts