Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finalized the deal today. After many phone calls and a little negotiating, I was able to finish things up today.

I'm an official owner of a new IS 300.
Weeeeee!!! Graphite with Black leather interior. Every option except the graphite rims. i.e., moonroof, leather/escaine, LSD, trunk mat, wood trim, 17" wheels/tires. $31,600 out the door.

Problem is with my work schedule, I won't be able to pick it up 'til probably Saturday. How on Earth am I going to make it until Saturday???

Second problem? I live in Minnesota. Lots of snow on the ground right now and another 1" - 3" expected by tonight. It is snowing right now as I type this. My problem? Snow tires. I'm going to need them so I don't kill myself or my car. I may need to garage the IS300 for a bit until I get some funds together and finish researching which tires I should get.

Maybe I'll just sit in my garage with it and pretend I'm driving... make little engine noises with my mouth... 'VRROOOOM'
Can you tell I'm a bit excited????

BTW, thanks for all of the posts... previous and present that helped me out. It's appreciated...

Scott.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by Zoku:
Graphite with Black leather interior. Every option except the graphite rims. i.e., moonroof, leather/escaine, LSD, trunk mat, wood trim, 17" wheels/tires. $31,600 out the door.
Wholly crapola! What a steal! I am tremendously envious.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Wow, that's a great price. Congrats. Make sure you get real snow tires - with the snowflake on mountain symbol, not just M+S, if you're gonna be driving in more than 6 inches of the stuff. I must say, at that price it's hard to justify a BMW for $10,000 more.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
"$31,600 out the door" is that a TRUE OTD...all your taxes, license fees, destination charges and all that $hit? If so, that puts your price in the 28-29K range...are you pulling our collective d1cks? I know Doug is pulling on Geoff's but come on $31K OTD????

Agent Smith out

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*LOL* Pulling on your collective dicks? Ummmmm... no. I'm serious. $31,600.00 out the door. Tax, title, and license.

I know I got a good deal but hardly think I got the *best* deal out there. I've seen some pretty awesome figures in a few previous posts...

Scott.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
How much off MSRP was it? How much over invoice?

*LOL* Pulling on your collective dicks? Ummmmm... no. I'm serious. $31,600.00 out the door. Tax, title, and license.

I know I got a good deal but hardly think I got the *best* deal out there. I've seen some pretty awesome figures in a few previous posts...

Scott.

·
2,909 Posts
Great!! Glad to welcome you to the IS world. By the way great price.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
$31,600.00 out the door. Tax, title, and license.

Scott.
Zoku, Did you trade in a car?? If so, they are playing with the numbers. It's the old trick called "stealing the trade." I can explain further if this was the case - if not, then way to go.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Zoku, Did you trade in a car?? If so, they are playing with the numbers. It's the old trick called "stealing the trade." I can explain further if this was the case - if not, then way to go.

Ya dealers do that, they let you have the "hard to get" prices on your new purchase while they give you less $$$ for the old car you trade-in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I had nothing to trade in whatsoever... I'm really excited about getting the car, you guys but am thinking I may even hold off until I get snow tires.

I figure when I get those, I'll just drop them off at the dealership and have them put on the same day I pick up the car. There's no way I'd make it home on those 17-inch performance tires. And even if I *think* I could, there's no way I'd try.

Thanks for the comments...

Scott.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to have u on board, keep here washed and warm. Keep her in the garage and just sit in it smellin the new leather!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just love the car, not your girlfriend

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
8,880 Posts
Wow. Great price. I got the same car. Same options. Paid 34,600.
The only thing is, dealer included winter tires, Gold Package, gave me discount on aluminum 16" rims.

Just a note:
whatever you do, DO NOT USE brake dust rims cleaner. I used Armor-All cleaner. Didn't do much good for the brake dust, but did take off coating off brakes. They look terrible now.
Watch out for those little stones on the road. My hood got all beat-up already. Still cannot get a front-end mask in my area.

Enjoy your new car.

·
8,880 Posts
Tire recommendation:
I got Bridgestone Bilizzak LM22 tires.
Severe winter rated. Also, designed for performance, for those dry days.
The speed rating is 130MPH. I'm very satisfied w/ them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts