Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car from Lexus of Watertown after getting my driver's door pin replaced and for the ECU reprogram. My service rep informed me that today was the first day that the TRAC upgrade/replacement was made available to them, so they did that to. So far, the operation seems to be a success. No more hesitation or premature TRACulation.

BTW, has everyone else in the Boston area figured out that the service dept. at Lexus of Norwood BLOWS. It's Lexus of Watertown for me from now on!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Lexus of norwood SALES SUCKS THE BIG one - but the service has been pretty decent for me - they had no problem replacing my muffler for free and also they are getting me the ECU fix as well

did u get the ECU and TRAC both fixed ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, according the service people I got the ECU and the TRAC fixed. They said dealers across the country are rolling out the TRAC fix now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MYISRULZ,

Who was the service consultant at Lexus of Norwood that gave you the ECU fix? I talked to someone there last Friday, and he didn't know anything about it.

Tx.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
i talked to the head of the service dpt . can't remember his name - he said they had it

did not get it done yet though

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
all you mass people - let's get together for a meet - who's down ?? i wanna meet other around my area -

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
i think it was from when they were manufactured - before a certain date - but i am not sure what date it is

·
Registered
134 Posts
xconn92...

are you sure? cuz I went there today and talked to Franz and he said it's not available yet, the TRAC upgrade that is. Who did you talk to? Please let me know...Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got the ECU reprogram on Monday, but was told that there is a short supply of the TRAC chips. The dealer upgraded my ECU without the TRAC because the first thing I do after I start the car is turn off TRAC.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
norwood sucks in the service area fure sure...I am going to head down to watertown and make an appointment for the ecu upgrade I work down the street...question MYISRULZ: who helped you I dont want them to look at me like I have four heads like norwood did when I mentioned the upgrade.

best

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just called Watertown, i spoke with Franz, he said that if your car needs the upgrade they will call you in for it...I have an appointment to change my oil this saturday, I will try to push them and do mines while I am there..

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had no Problems at Lexus of WaterTown, But, I will never go to the "used Lexus dealer" in Watertown. I got a GS 300 there a few years ago and they told me that the car had all this & that. After I brought it home,I found out it didn't have [email protected]!I complained, & they they were A Holes!Anyhow,it's not to far from the Watertown Lexus. Buyers beware,& there was a backstabbing little Minority working there.Don't trust him!PriCk! Anyhow, I plan on geting an IS300 at Lexus of Watertown , Not the Used dealer!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by trdis3:
xconn92...

are you sure? cuz I went there today and talked to Franz and he said it's not available yet, the TRAC upgrade that is. Who did you talk to? Please let me know...Thanks!
Karen Dorsey is my service rep. She's good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts