Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this may be a dumb question but i was wondering if i could take the speakers and stuff out of my girlfriends '05 Nissan Altima and install them in my '01 Lexus IS300. Anyone know if that would be possible?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well, if the speakers are the same size then you're good to go, but are you sure you're gonna be upgrading the sound system? and your girl's ok with this...haha...

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
ohm?? Might not work since our car has an OEM amp. Not sure about the Altimas.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i appreciate it. if i bought a aftermarket amp to run it do you think that'd work. haha my gf wouldnt know the change and if anything i could always check a junk yard if so be it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That's low to gank your chicks stuff :fool: Assuming they are interchangeable, you'll eventually blow the Bose stuff if it wasnt intended to be amplified. Bose is extremely overrated anyway. I'd just get new stuff.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Im sure the alitimas bose system is amped up to work right in the altima. It was designed for the car so not sure how it will sound it the IS.

Just get some aftermarket speakers. There are plenty of affordable ones out there.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
See what is the resistance and size of the bose for compatibility. But yeah, I would suggest getting new speakers as well.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys i was just putting it out there and seeing if you thought it was possible. Id like to get new speakers but im thinking of trading my 01 in for a newer IS pref. manual and black/suede interior

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
yeah not a wise idea. I believe the Bose runs on 8ohm resistance and would sound like complete CRAP is paired with any amp other than the amp it comes with in the nissan. Same goes with throwing our speakers in the nissan.

And DEF. not cost efficient. You have the chance of blowing both stock amplifiers.

·
Registered
911 Posts
yeah not a wise idea. I believe the Bose runs on 8ohm resistance and would sound like complete CRAP is paired with any amp other than the amp it comes with in the nissan. Same goes with throwing our speakers in the nissan.

And DEF. not cost efficient. You have the chance of blowing both stock amplifiers.
I once had a '97 Maxima w/ BOSE audio. Each driver was 1ohm, and there was a separate amp on each speaker.

I'm of the opinion that you're better off just going completely aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I once had a '97 Maxima w/ BOSE audio. Each driver was 1ohm, and there was a separate amp on each speaker.

You are correct that it's much much better to with aftermarket.

But for shits-n-giggles, with each speaker having an amp is a different setup than what is in the IS. The IS has 1 amp that powers the speakers. The leads for the speakers are thus amplified and if to hook up bose speakers, they would be again amplified which = shit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So this may be a dumb question but i was wondering if i could take the speakers and stuff out of my girlfriends '05 Nissan Altima and install them in my '01 Lexus IS300. Anyone know if that would be possible?

The newer altimas and maxima now have a seperate amp unlike the generation prior were ther were individually amped. Not 100% sure on the impedence, but fairly sure its 1-2homs. But in the end.... why go through the hassel, the factory bose isn't really all that great once you see the speakers. Go Aftermarket

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bose audio components are designed to work with all the parts in the system with which it came. If you are to take one part you must take them all. That is why when you do aftermarket upgrades to a Bose system the labor is more intensive and more costly. It is not worth the time or money to take your girlfriends system. In addition to the above it has been engineered to sound the best in the application it came in. It will not sound the same in the IS. You can get some good speakers online for relatively inexpensive and it will sound just as good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im sure the alitimas bose system is amped up to work right in the altima. It was designed for the car so not sure how it will sound it the IS.

Just get some aftermarket speakers. There are plenty of affordable ones out there.
I agree. The Bose may sound good in the Altima but will most likely sound like ass in any other car.

aftermarket speakers ftw!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts