Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont care for a full catback, so im looking on buying a borla muffler and having it custom welded on at a local shop in my area, which one will fit on this site, im not sure of the stock exhaust size piping on the 02 IS300 in which i believe its either 2.25 or 2.5 , Also which tip do you think would go best with the Lexus, thanks:

Borla Performance Industries - Universal Mufflers, Tubing & Hardware

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I really dont care for a full catback, so im looking on buying a borla muffler and having it custom welded on at a local shop in my area, which one will fit on this site, im not sure of the stock exhaust size piping on the 02 IS300 in which i believe its either 2.25 or 2.5 , Also which tip do you think would go best with the Lexus, thanks:

Borla Performance Industries - Universal Mufflers, Tubing & Hardware
Look through the for sale section of this forum, there's real IS exhausts that can be had for next to nothing. Don't waste your time having some hack mechanic tack up some crap looking exhaust for you.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It won't look like crap if you get a universal - I've got two universals under my car. One in the mid-section where the B pipe is and one at the back - they are both ovals . . . I have the Mazzuri header and the car is super quiet now and deep and throaty at full throttle . . . I don't have any videos yet as I'm waiting on a mandrel bent pipe to be installed for the back muffler since the pipes are pinched to get around the suspension . . .

Oh and these are the parts you want:
40659 2 1/2" 2 1/2" 14" x 4 1/4" x 7 7/8" Center/Offset $162.99
You need the center / offset for the rear . . . and if you decide to put one in the middle where your b-pipe used to be (should you ever go that far) you'll want the center / center part.

good luck!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look through the for sale section of this forum, there's real IS exhausts that can be had for next to nothing. Don't waste your time having some hack mechanic tack up some crap looking exhaust for you.
As far as the hack mechanic that won't be an issue, I know the guy at the muffler shop and hes done tons of cars in my area. He only sells magnaflow and flowmaster however, but I've heard borla on friends cars so I really liked the sound of it......however you are right I may have found an exhaust i really like from a local seller here in cali., so hopefully the deal goes through and I get it......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It won't look like crap if you get a universal - I've got two universals under my car. One in the mid-section where the B pipe is and one at the back - they are both ovals . . . I have the Mazzuri header and the car is super quiet now and deep and throaty at full throttle . . . I don't have any videos yet as I'm waiting on a mandrel bent pipe to be installed for the back muffler since the pipes are pinched to get around the suspension . . .

Oh and these are the parts you want:
40659 2 1/2" 2 1/2" 14" x 4 1/4" x 7 7/8" Center/Offset $162.99
You need the center / offset for the rear . . . and if you decide to put one in the middle where your b-pipe used to be (should you ever go that far) you'll want the center / center part.

good luck!

thanks alot i figured our cars were 2.5 piping..... just wasnt sure, and thanks for letting me know which offset as well...... if the deal falls through for the HKS exhaust im most def. gonna get a borla.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
running a Borla muffler of a shop made exhaust.

Sounds FUCKING AWESOME. Go for it. You wont be disappointed. Don't listen to people that don't know what they are talking about.

You can use any tip. Doesn't matter. Pick what you think looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts