Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any personal experience with these turbos? Just looking to get any constructive criticizms and/or opinions on them. Thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Lots of comparisons have been made on Honda-tech for the smaller series BW turbos... For the price, they are hard to beat; but if you don't mind spending more on a turbo, a GT-series equivalent is still a better route to go with with better spool and response from DBB. For larger frame turbos, results go hand in hand, since most guys neglect the DBB and care more for overall peak power and effieciency.

Most importantly though, the BW turbos are in fact rebuildable which is one of the main reasons why they became popular. They don't have as many housing options to go with, so custom fab work would be required and not too many "bolt-on" stuff available for them yet.

Reactions: LexxIS300

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great info! BTW you have the turbo I want(T51R KAI).......but I cant find any under $2300 :confused:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
my friend just got 2 borg warner turbo's for his R33 GTR....looking forward to see how they do....they are about gt35r's

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
BW are nice turbos!!! Used them in the past.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
good turbos but a lack of options either with compressor or the exhaust housings...Data has been all over the place with these turbos, some guys get increased lag with the same hp as previous set-up..others are showing the exact same powerband as the precision/garrett option others say they got a lil quicker spool and slightly more power...

A downfall I was told is the lack of customer service particularly with the sport compact market/smaller turbo's which bullseye/bw seem to care little of..

IMO stick it out with a good pte or full garrett turbo and let others continue to be guinea pigs in the meantime..

Reactions: LexxIS300
1 - 6 of 6 Posts