Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with boost controllers with the boost gauge built in and have a separate boost gauge...
I have the Sbc-id and another sensor.
1.There seems to be ~ a 1 psi difference in max boost between the 2 sensors.
2.In 3rd gear, i always get a higher boost reading on my SBC-id than in second gear when i floor it in each gear. Anyone else experience any kind of funkyness?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Good post! I am kinda wondering the same thing. I have the same gauge set-up as you. Just reading boost off the Blitz controller. Is it a good idea to do that or buy a boost gauge and mount it somewhere? :-?

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Neo302 said:
Those of you with boost controllers with the boost gauge built in and have a separate boost gauge...
I have the Sbc-id and another sensor.
1.There seems to be ~ a 1 psi difference in max boost between the 2 sensors.
2.In 3rd gear, i always get a higher boost reading on my SBC-id than in second gear when i floor it in each gear. Anyone else experience any kind of funkyness?
Nice, so I would presume that you have the kit installed and running??

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isman, yea, I've had my kit running for months now. I don't have the new kit, i have the just-before new kit with the non machined manifold and non el gigante intercooler..
I'll post pics, but I've been so damn busy, it hasn't been a top priority and i wanted to finish more of my stereo system.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
you will produce more boost in higher gears, because you have more load.

For instance, I graphed out my boost in each gear using my sbc the other day- the findings for 1st through 5th-

1st- 6.8psi
2nd- 7.3psi
3rd- 7.6psi
4th- 7.8psi
5th- 7.8psi

And for me, I trust my sbc over my greddy gauge. My GReddy gauge regularly reads .5-.75psi higher than the sbc

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Mine seems to be on target, I have greddy gauges and a SBC-id along w/ the Power meter ID, all seem to be identical, but I haven't drove the car in a few months so I and just going on my memory here.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
first of all, are the two points you're reading in the exact same location??? this may cause a difference in reading. what i mean is the spot that you're using to tap the boost gauge into (as well as for the other unit reading your boost)...

also, i would think the refresh rtes for digital gauges may compensate for changes as well...the # reading on a lot of gausges will be an ave or um...i don't know how else to put it...but if for example, you get a spike and then it retruns to normal, you may not see it on a digital gauge...where you may see it on a mechanical one...plus, there may be a slight delay as well. have you tried having someone ride with you and get a steady reading on both...for like over a second??? this will yield you more accurate results imho...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, thx guys.

What is interesting is my SBC is actually higher than my Greddy.

Both pressure sensors are coming off the same tubing and only those sensors are on the tubing. the greddy sensor is actually really close to the engine and the SBC-id sensor is obviously on the interior of the car.

I have the just before new SRT stg2.

btw, both gauges are electronic. I'll try trimming down the tube length of the sbc-id, but whats weird is the sbc is the higher one, so i'm not sure if that'll do much.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Neo302 said:
Isman, yea, I've had my kit running for months now. I don't have the new kit, i have the just-before new kit with the non machined manifold and non el gigante intercooler..
I'll post pics, but I've been so damn busy, it hasn't been a top priority and i wanted to finish more of my stereo system.
Nice nice, glad your on the road and boosting. Enjoy and congrats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts