Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my turbo kit from smooth1. Started installing on monday taking my time and waiting for parts. Hopefully i can get it up and going to get tuned next weekend. I'll keep you posted enjoy.

After one week its almost done. Just got to bolt the oil pan back on and take it the exhaust shop to get the piping done and the muffler welded on. Then off to the tc performace to get the fic installed and tuned. Got all the electrical wired and hidden. The gauge pod came out nice. I think the worst part of this installation was the oil pan. But i finally got it off. My brother fabricated me a tool to take the bolts from the back. Pretty much a piece of metal with 10mm socket thats cut in half and welded on. Works really great. I'll keep you posted. Enjoy.

Here's the tool my brother made for the oil pan.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sweet man, love the boost. did you mean to post this in "go faster?"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New pics and new progress.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is almost done. Goes in tomorrow for custom 3 inch exhaust and installing and tuning the aem fic. Can't wait. But loading the car onto a trailer sucked balls.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hahah yeah i did the same thing..then drove 3 hours to where i got it tuned....it looks soo hott tho...everyone stares liek tis a race car lol

trust me when the tuned takes you on your test drive...remember the feeling...cos its an awsome feeling

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i have to wait a few more days to get my car back. The shop said the aem was a mess cause it was used so they ordered a plug n play for the fic from boomslang which is good. But i'm just going to run 8psi hoping for somthing over 300 hp will see what it makes though. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the car got dynoed today made 320 rwhp on 8lbs. Very impressed especially for colorado's altitude. I get the car back on monday though cause the shop wants to hide all the wires for the aem and make everything look factory. I'll get more details when i get the dyno sheet. Can't wait to drive it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice work...and handy flat socket wrench as well.
How do you like the Prosport digital A/F display? I've been contemplating getting that to interface for a different look..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know i haven't really got to look at it yet. I pretty muched installed everything and took it to the shop to get tuned i will let you know when i get back. But i think i'll upgrade to a wideband later. The only thing i don't like about the a/f is that it lights up white and the rest of the gauges light up orange.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How do you think TC did with tuning your F/IC? I am in Denver and going to be running that same unit with same plug "n" play harness. I am looking for someone to tune it who knows what they are doing. Are you running your O2 sensors or how did you set that up? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
over all i think they did a great job. They took there time went over it made sure everything was great. They did a great job at hiding the fic. I ran all the o2 sensors it through a rich code for the bung 2 o2 and i put a defouler on it. Hasn't came on. I get some missfiring codes here and there but nothing major. It runs great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts