Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
I have been reading up on this forum, and I am looking to boost my auto Is300 for just a little extra power and a car capable on low 13's...

I want maybe 300-350rwhp (give or take 50 hah), but I want a clean and efficient kit (or piece one together) that isnt going to blow my tranny and all this crap... I will take all the necessary precautions obviously, but whats the most effective way to reach my goals? I have a friend that is very good in AEM so I dont think tuning would be an issue...

Any insight, suggestions, idea's would be great... (part's lists... haha)
Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
isn't there a sticky for this? anyways even with a low budget its not gunna be low, how much are you looking to spend?
this has been covered way more than you think. look through countless pages in the "go faster" section, and im sure you'll get alot of different things you'll be looking for. if your looking for people to tell you for a parts list, i think you should just buy a complete kit, how you gunna start boosting without what goes on a boosted car?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
well over in georgia there is a place that will do 3k installed for a turbo kit that makes about 300 whp

Reactions: vroomRollLEX

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im reading around and not really wanting people to do anything... but sometimes there is that one person that likes to help out and share... if thats not you, then dont respond...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Brad,

I too have been reading up on this forum (bout a year to be exact) and it seems like boost comes at a pretty high price, if you want reliability. For the auto you will need a valve body upgrade and then as far as the turbo kit goes you can either piece one together yourself or i would recommend the SRT 2.75 since it seems to be best for your money. If you want to piece one together it may cost more but have everything specific to what you want. either way your looking about $4000 to $6000. Thats what i have gathered from reading for about a year. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i am trying to help, the more you read the more you'll know, i'm just saying read up on a little more info, and then you can get more of an idea. heck look at all the companies that make kits and kinda get a idea of what it consists of. the thing with boost is, that you'll never know how much "budget" is. things add up, or things break and need replacing or so on.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
IBTL
i agree with Vroom. no one is going to sit here a write an exact page of what you are looking for or what you want to hear, . it is very intimidating coming to a new forum and not knowing where to start but the search is your best friend because it cant flame back at you. do an advanced search and you will find this topic multiple times
http://my.is/forums/f114/cost-boost-lets-enlighten-newbies-215366/
http://my.is/forums/f114/decent-cheap-turbo-kit-276427/

just a quick search cheep, cost. you will have to read multiple multiple threads

also this is why the sticky above has been created
http://my.is/forums/f114/new-forced-induction-all-answers-inside-346858/

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
If you buy smart/used and can install yourself I see no problem with getting a low boost (6-7psi) setup done for around $2-3K. I mean look there's a supercharger in the FS forum now for $2100 and I think it's only missing a BOV and one pipe. If you can install that your self you could get a good BOV and a pipe and have it all done for under $2500.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey guys-
I have been reading up on this forum, and I am looking to boost my auto Is300 for just a little extra power and a car capable on low 13's...

I want maybe 300-350rwhp (give or take 50 hah), but I want a clean and efficient kit (or piece one together) that isnt going to blow my tranny and all this crap... I will take all the necessary precautions obviously, but whats the most effective way to reach my goals? I have a friend that is very good in AEM so I dont think tuning would be an issue...

Any insight, suggestions, idea's would be great... (part's lists... haha)
Thanks, Brad
I have the 2.75 kit and i love it.I'm pushing 330 at 8psi. I have had no problems what so ever and so far it has been extremely reliable. The kits were on sale at swiftracing.com but I'm not sure if they are anymore. Hope i could help.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Boost on a budget?
oh' i see..

Well you can go for this "fake turbo sound/whistler"
its only 20 bucks with shipping and you can install it yourself..

or if you have a higher budget, then you can upgrade to a stage 2
by "sunami"..should be around $60

Reactions: redline814

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
LOL someone thought I had a whistler when I pulled into Mobil once. I didn't want to ruin his day and I told him I got it off of Ebay. When I pulled away I made sure he heard my turbo spool though.

Ok to the original poster, there's too many parts to list especially if you go down to the nuts & bolts. You got the manifold, downpipe, midpipe, turbo, intake, wastegate, dump tube, T4 gasket, oil feed & return, NPT & AN fittings, injectors, injector clips, fuel pump, EMS & miscellaneous sensors, optional head gasket & ARP head studs, optional return fuel system, etc.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
thread is out of control - locked.

anyone can price stuff - pick up the phone and start calling people or try Google

if you don't know what you need - piecing together a kit probably isn't the best idea for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.