Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm still throwing around the idea of a stage 3 srt w/ a boost controller to run a safe, daily psi. My question is this: If the fuel maps are tuned to run on the 10 psi level, and I have a boost controller, and I turn down the boost to 8 psi for daily driving, will I still make the same rwhp as the stage 2 srt kit that runs at 8 psi, or will it not run right b/c it's tuned for 10 psi. I'd like to have the option of running 10 psi on race gas when I want to, that's why I like this idea, but if the kit doesn't make good power when you lower the boost, I'll just stick with the stage 2 and not go with a boost controller. Thanks for any info, Austin

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
the piggy back setup from SRT should be able to monitor boost level and add the proper amount of fuel for the proper boost levels, just like if you weren't on the throttle at all, it wouldn't dump fuel in for 10 pounds, it would be putting it in based on your vacuum readings

-gte

xencloud said:
Hey everyone, I'm still throwing around the idea of a stage 3 srt w/ a boost controller to run a safe, daily psi. My question is this: If the fuel maps are tuned to run on the 10 psi level, and I have a boost controller, and I turn down the boost to 8 psi for daily driving, will I still make the same rwhp as the stage 2 srt kit that runs at 8 psi, or will it not run right b/c it's tuned for 10 psi. I'd like to have the option of running 10 psi on race gas when I want to, that's why I like this idea, but if the kit doesn't make good power when you lower the boost, I'll just stick with the stage 2 and not go with a boost controller. Thanks for any info, Austin

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
To add to that your fuel to a degree is based on your airflow. At lower PSI less air so less fuel.

But to his question if his car is tuned for 25 psi and hes running 8psi I dont think hell have the exact power of the 8psi car though it would probably be to close to talk about. That depends of course of what your using for fuel management.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Yeah, but would it be better to let the piggyback take car of it, or do it yourself with a boost controller :-?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing