Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone in the bay area recommend a good body shop where i can get a spoiler put on! i have the spoiler, i just need it installed!

·
Registered
442 Posts
bay area?? CA??? well i can tell you where not to go, Andy's Autosport. They will rip you off. There is a shop called Kustom Workshop up in Concord that I heard does a pretty decent job at stuff. If all else fails i'm sure a dealer will put it on for you.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Let see...

Razo(Milpitas)-decent store, pay in cash they might not charge you sales tax. They have a lot of kits laying around and exhaust systems.

Autoware One(san jose)-only go there if you REALLY REALLY have to.

Modacar(Pleasanton)-decent store, you can check out their webpage www.modacar.com

Carboy(oakland)-I haven't been there before

Autofreak(SF)-too many accesories and not enough performance

Bill's Auto(san jose)-ok place to go, kinda overpriced though

Auto Innovation(milpitas)-more of an installation shop

J Motorsports(milpitas)-alright shop to go to, but not my first choice

I know there is a place in Hayward but I forgot the name of it but it was a pretty good store. If your going for installations I wouldn't trust any of these guys to work on my car unless i really had to. Most of the stuff i buy i install it myself, the people who will install the parts on your car are usually boy racers who do a piss poor job on it, about the only good job they do is clean out your wallet.

Well thats all i can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps, if you need the addresses or directions let me know, i know where most of these shops are.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
body shop: 408-278-1040 and the place is called body dynamics. ask for sal or george. tell them cary sent you...the guy that works with lance (cary with the supra and lance with the supra, both black)

as for speed shops: speed image off de la cruz. talk to james or tin tin there.

skunkworks (group a???) in hayward...talk to dave there.

streetwise in fremont, ask for art there...

hope this helps...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
994 Posts
body shop: i've heard recommendations for a place in san jose called hiler's auto body. i've don't have any experience with them, but heard they were the best in the bay area.

Do you Yahoo!?

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited November 16, 2000).]

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gpr: yeah...as in SF bay area! i'm in cali right now even though my profile says i'm from MD.

thanks for all the replies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts