Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, was at the gym reading this stuff about % body fat, says a guy my age is supposed to be between 10-18% BF...tried two machines that supposedly can tell your bf %...are these things legit? Any doc's out there or someone with an article...one said 9.8% and the other said 7.8%...arent olympic athletes like 6-7%!? Its gotta be bullshit, cause I aint that skinny.
Just looking for some info if your bored and want to check it out for me...thanks! (yeah, i have work to do now...too lazy to check it out myself)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Truckzilla said:
Ok, was at the gym reading this stuff about % body fat, says a guy my age is supposed to be between 10-18% BF...tried two machines that supposedly can tell your bf %...are these things legit? Any doc's out there or someone with an article...one said 9.8% and the other said 7.8%...arent olympic athletes like 6-7%!? Its gotta be bullshit, cause I aint that skinny.
Just looking for some info if your bored and want to check it out for me...thanks! (yeah, i have work to do now...too lazy to check it out myself)
Do a damn search, we've covered this 2x at least already ;)

1) machines are semi-accurate, I have a tanita body fat scale and it reads consistently, and fairly accurate. What kinda "machine" were you using?
2) yeah, world class atheletes are down in the sub 8% range.

A year ago my % was up near 19, and yesterday, I registered a 10.5%. Aw yeah! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts