Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, was at the gym reading this stuff about % body fat, says a guy my age is supposed to be between 10-18% BF...tried two machines that supposedly can tell your bf %...are these things legit? Any doc's out there or someone with an article...one said 9.8% and the other said 7.8%...arent olympic athletes like 6-7%!? Its gotta be bullshit, cause I aint that skinny.
Just looking for some info if your bored and want to check it out for me...thanks! (yeah, i have work to do now...too lazy to check it out myself)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Truckzilla said:
Ok, was at the gym reading this stuff about % body fat, says a guy my age is supposed to be between 10-18% BF...tried two machines that supposedly can tell your bf %...are these things legit? Any doc's out there or someone with an article...one said 9.8% and the other said 7.8%...arent olympic athletes like 6-7%!? Its gotta be bullshit, cause I aint that skinny.
Just looking for some info if your bored and want to check it out for me...thanks! (yeah, i have work to do now...too lazy to check it out myself)
Do a damn search, we've covered this 2x at least already ;)

1) machines are semi-accurate, I have a tanita body fat scale and it reads consistently, and fairly accurate. What kinda "machine" were you using?
2) yeah, world class atheletes are down in the sub 8% range.

A year ago my % was up near 19, and yesterday, I registered a 10.5%. Aw yeah! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Truckzilla
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing