Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
i don't think the wise sports is riced out. i think i should get that body kit. w/ supercharge. i could kick some asssssss.

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The Wise Sport is really nice...I have a conncetion that is more that likely getting that for me. The only problem is the rear bumper doesn't really do much it looks very stock and the lines look a little weird from the side.....All in all it's still my favorite

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
can't really tell because its black
but from the picture wise looks nice

I think I'll keep my car stock for about 5-6 years before I start moding though

(planning long term on this baby)

·
Registered
816 Posts
FYI, no matter how "aggressive", commercial body kits do not improve aerodynamics nor reduce lift. As long as no attention is paid to the underbody and the engine compartment airflow is still vented out the bottom of the vehicle, it's all cosmetic. Besides adding weight and reducing clearance, the most a performance enthusiast can hope for from a commercial body kit are brake cooling ducts (or intercooler ducts, if applicable) and a ram-air-intake duct. But alas, I've seen a thousand "aggressive" kits crawling around here in LA and have yet to see a single properly piped brake cooling duct. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Actually, I believe both Veilside and TRD kits are proven to make enough downforce to consider them useful at street speed. The Veilside rear wing for Supra was rated around 100lb or so of downforce I think, and the TRD is slightly. Of course you are talking about a $5000 kit and a $10,000 kit, so I guess they should do something.
Actually, you will be suprise on how much downforce you can get with the front spoiler, since all you really need to do is make the top surface pressure higher than the lower surface pressure, and since you have stagnation points all over your front fender, that isn't too difficult to do. What separates a good and a bad kit is the drag to downforce ratio, typically I like to keep the ratio around 1:2. The rear one usually don't do anything because most car will have flow separation at the roof top, unless you have a car that has such low Cd such as IS300 or the new C.
I wished there is an undertray for the car, since it is the most efficient way to generate downforce while keeping the drag down. I am talking to my professor today about my research project, and there is a very very slight chance that I maybe able to develop an undertray and other ground effect kit for a street car (I've already done it for a racecar last year), which will definitely be IS300 if that happens. The only thing is that there may only be one generated because it will be too expensive (estimating around $2000 or so at least in material).

·
Registered
650 Posts
I want that Wincorp one all the way. Not to ricey at all. Looks touring car like. But i remember seeing an Altezza in Bangkok with the Veiside kit that looked damn nice!!!! That would be nice to, maybe alittle to ricey for me though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts