Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An insurance company will be taking the tab on the repairs to my 2003 IS SD after one of their clients rear-ended me and fled the scene. They said i can take my car directly to the lexus dealership tomorrow who can automatically get the money from the insurance company. I've heard many say I should get a body kit while I'm at it. Please advice on the best way to do that. Would I end up paying some money out of pocket if i get a body kit? Where should i get the bumper/taillight, trunk lid repaired? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Whether you take it to the Lexus dealership or not, chances are, the car will end up at a body shop. Unless your Lexus dealer has a collision center on the premises, then the repairs would be done in-house. In any case, if you were paid a specific amount of money that is to cover the repairs on the vehicle, anything that you want done above and beyond will result in out-of-pocket expenses on your end. The only other option will be to get an estimate for the repairs and get paid out that dollar amount, then take the money and do whatever it is that you desire. You may be able to shave a few dollars here and there by going elsewhere, or by using aftermarket (Taiwan) parts (although I don't recommend doing that) to fix the car, and allocate the extra funds elsewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts