Lexus IS Forum banner

BN Sports in the house!

23K views 153 replies 55 participants last post by  mumathew 
#1 ·
Some early teaser shots of the test fit. If all goes well, it should be painted this weekend and on the car by next week. I planned to post pics of the process. enjoy.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

For those unfamiliar with the kit, this is the BN Sports Demo car
[/IMG]

See less See more
#5 ·
Put it on already or face imminent death!!!!

Haha, can't wait to see it mounted and painted... And you're definitely gonna need some flushness to flow with the kit.

#8 ·
like the front, like the rear, the sides look huge.... Props for not doing the same old thing!!! But i do think the sides will take a beating over time.

D

#9 ·
The sides would only take a beating if his wheels don't stick out further than them ;)

#15 ·
it says in the last picture:

19x8.5 +20 w/ 235/35/19
19x9.5 +25 w/ 245/35/19

Ahhh the joy of 19's, you can run big tire sizes and still stretch for clearance due to the small sidewalls.

#18 ·
That's gonna look nice, I've wanted to see a car on here with BN for a while. Didn't realize the rear was a full bumper till now either.

Do they offer the hood in carbon?

#19 ·
thanks everyone. yeah the sides were a concern to me until I saw them in person. Theres a way to pull them in so they dont flare out so much, but it's all in how you mount them. I've run the Agressive style from Origin on a few of my S-chassis cars, and did the same thing. I think they were just mounted to where they would flare to the extreme on the demo car (if you look toward the front end of the sideskirt you can see it actually flares up and out on the demo car). New wheels are already in the works, and the new sizes/offsets ensure plenty of flushness:p. until then, I'm rockin 10mm spacers up front.

And the hood, to my knowledge is only available in FRP (fiberglass).

#22 ·
Latenites...You gonna make it to the meet on March 22nd?

#23 ·
yeah, I want to see this

#26 · (Edited)
ok, so all did not go so well. I called the shop last night to make arrangements to pick up the kit today (friday). No answer. So I call one of the employees on his cell, and apparently the shop was robbed blind wednesday night. At least 6 sets of AME wheels, several BN Sports blister aero kits for misc Nissans, 2 flat screen tv's, 2 computers, a few carbon kevlar bucket seats, random Tomei engine parts, they even put their 2 track cars up on stands and took the wheels off those, and last but not least, my front and rear bumpers. They left the f*ckin sides though??? The worst part, is the thieves put it all in the shop's trailer they use to haul their track car in and stole that too (you can see the trailer and some of the wheels in one of the pics). I'm just glad I hadn't paid for my kit yet, and they say they're 98% sure they know who did it. But all is not lost, as he told me there was still at least two full Altezza kits up north, and that he would try to pick me up one when they go up (seattle). This f*ckin blows. Anyway, I'm getting the kit if I have to drive to Seattle myself so I'll keep the updates coming.

#27 · (Edited)
Oh and the Spark plug cover is a custom piece by Weld Fab. in Japan. They were responsible for a good portion of the performance build of the demo car.

I WANTED to run their hood and front fenders with the kit but BN Sports' altezza stuff is rare. I was told the fenders and hoods are made per order. So If no one has a them in stock (no chance in hell), BN would actually have to make them. And the wait time including shipping was a minimum of 3 months.

When/where is the meet? I planned on bringing up the car with the kit and new wheels on. If I can get things ironed out in time, I'll be coming for sure.

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.