Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story;
I took delivery in November of a 2000 323iA. From November of '99 to April of '00, I returned the car 5 times for a vibration in the front-end when braking, squealing brakes when stopping, defective tires, but they could not fix the vehicle.
In early September, BMW agreed to replace the vehicle under the lemon-law. The problem was the new vehicle had the same problems. I returned it to them yesterday for service and they said I could keep it for a few more days or take a loaner since they were considering letting me walk away from my lease.
Last night I got a call from BMW stating they were willing to let me walk away from my lease and I could purchase another car.
Today I stopped at the dealer to look at the 5 series. The salesperson was about to draw the paperwork when the sales manager came to me and said, BMW will not sell me another car.

I will be going to the local Lexus dealer tomorrow!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Try to get an official response from BMWNA and post it here if you can. It's VERY wrong if they blame you for your cars' problems. As big a BMW fan as I am, I believe strongly that there is no excuse for any company treating a customer like this, if what you're saying is the full and true story.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
just go to another dealer. i'm sure you odn't wnat to deal wiht it, but if you really want a bimmer, that's what i would do

·
Registered
541 Posts
From his posting on bimmer.org, I understand he's tried the only other dealer in town with the same result. However, both dealerships could be very well be aware of his problems, so I'd suggest contacting BMWNA directly through the Owner's Circle at www.bmwusa.com. Get an official response from them and post it here if you can.

By the way, almost all car dealers are scum.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmm...if BMWNA is truly blackballing you, I bet it's because you've gotten out of the lease. Did they say that they won't sell a car to you PERIOD, or that they won't finance a new lease? And it may just be a bureaucratic foul-up at BMW Financial Services. "This guy got out of a lease. We won't lease to him again." The computer or the person who denied your lease may not have been aware of the circumstances. At any rate, I'd get an official response from BMWNA if I were you...if not for your own sake, but for the sake of other BMW owners who are very interested in knowing how BMW corporate treats their customers when the going gets bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
A wise man once said, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

My point here is that you've had two lemon BMWs in a row, what are the chances of that happening? Obviously divine forces are trying to tell you that it's time to buy some other make of car.

Originally posted by abarkl:
Here is the story;
I took delivery in November of a 2000 323iA. From November of '99 to April of '00, I returned the car 5 times for a vibration in the front-end when braking, squealing brakes when stopping, defective tires, but they could not fix the vehicle.
In early September, BMW agreed to replace the vehicle under the lemon-law. The problem was the new vehicle had the same problems. I returned it to them yesterday for service and they said I could keep it for a few more days or take a loaner since they were considering letting me walk away from my lease.
Last night I got a call from BMW stating they were willing to let me walk away from my lease and I could purchase another car.
Today I stopped at the dealer to look at the 5 series. The salesperson was about to draw the paperwork when the sales manager came to me and said, BMW will not sell me another car.

I will be going to the local Lexus dealer tomorrow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
viggen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing