Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this might be a repost but they have updated a lot.

BMW Nightmare's
Web page consists of travesties to the BMW automobile.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:

BMW Nightmare's
Carbon, I snapped this pic on the way to that May 11th Irvine BBQ.
This is uncle bens rice..
he's got the altezzas and the wing

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
At least this guy has decent taste...

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
thedon said:
CarbonIS300 said:

BMW Nightmare's
Carbon, I snapped this pic on the way to that May 11th Irvine BBQ.
This is uncle bens rice..
he's got the altezzas and the wing

i think i saw that foo too :pissed: bad pu$$y

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
WTF!

WTF is with the rear of this monstrosity?!?!?!?!?

Mr. Simmons, your car is here.

I think those wheels are a little too wide.

Save the rain forest!

Ummmmmmmm..........

Taste the rainbow!

Yo man! Where can I get that triple lip?

I can't believe that people are already harassing the new Mini.

The rear of this car needs a face lift.

I can't believe why anyone thinks that what they have done to these cars is cool.

Fags.

:pissed:

·
Registered
108 Posts
the silver car has a version of the BMW E36 CSL(coupe sport light) Lightweight wing. That car will own you on the track.

They took all this off:
air conditioning
leather seats
sunroof
radio
took kit
interior noise reduction mats
underhood insulation
trunk panel insulation
forged wheels
spare tire and jack

And Added this:
aluminum doors
special carpeting
carbon fiber trim
sport suspension
revised rear axle ratio of 3.23:1
a large strut brace connecting the front shock towers
an X-brace assembly to hold the entire front end together

And they added a few options, but they were put in the trunk because if BMW found out you put them on it voided your warranty. these options were:
An oil pan with a dual pickup. The dual pickup helped ensure constant oil flow in hard cornering.
A non-DOT spoiler to increase down force. The spoiler does have a penalty of a few mph at high speeds.
The spoiler included an upper GT Race wing with two spacers. The spacers could be used to raise the upper wing further into the air stream if desired, like in the above picture.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
One Bad IS300,
Are the E36 CSLs faster than the regular E36 M3? Or they just practically the same car with the same motor and transmission?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
O3 said:
One Bad IS300,
Are the E36 CSLs faster than the regular E36 M3? Or they just practically the same car with the same motor and transmission?
the correct term is m3 ltw, short for lightweight.

the lightweight cars were limited production, maybe 125 in the US total, most of them used for the track. they were ~200 lbs lighter than the stock cars, had cloth seats i believe and a somewhat different suspension. they were only made in 95, and had handpicked motors from the top 10% of motors bmw made for the m3 that year. the transmission is the same. the ltw is noticeably faster than the regular e36 m3.

a low miles ltw still sells for ~35k.

·
Registered
759 Posts
O, i've seen one of those things around the Barnes and Nobles off the Pike.. i think some guy named Saneer the Queer owns it. impressive car, not so impressive driver

One Bad IS300 said:
the silver car has a version of the BMW E36 CSL(coupe sport light) Lightweight wing. That car will own you on the track.

http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/3er/e36/m3/ltw_39f_832.jpg

http://www.bmwworld.com/pics/3er/e36/m3/ltw_832.jpg

They took all this off:
air conditioning
leather seats
sunroof
radio
took kit
interior noise reduction mats
underhood insulation
trunk panel insulation
forged wheels
spare tire and jack

And Added this:
aluminum doors
special carpeting
carbon fiber trim
sport suspension
revised rear axle ratio of 3.23:1
a large strut brace connecting the front shock towers
an X-brace assembly to hold the entire front end together

And they added a few options, but they were put in the trunk because if BMW found out you put them on it voided your warranty. these options were:
An oil pan with a dual pickup. The dual pickup helped ensure constant oil flow in hard cornering.
A non-DOT spoiler to increase down force. The spoiler does have a penalty of a few mph at high speeds.
The spoiler included an upper GT Race wing with two spacers. The spacers could be used to raise the upper wing further into the air stream if desired, like in the above picture.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have you ever seen Sunir drive at the track? he is actually a very good driver. there is a video of him on www.DVinsight.com now of his last track track day.

And Actually the name for it is the M3 CSL Ltw and but the american version was the lightweight. the motors in the Lightweight were the best performance motors that they had at the factory so the best of the best of the 3.0 litre M3 motors in 1995 were put into the lightweight. and there were only 120-125 produced and only 85 made it over to the states. :bitching:

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Thats a E36 body style M3 Lightweight. My girlfriends dad has one. It dont look that bad in person. It will haul though. They only brought like 100 or a little over that in the United States. He got his from New York. Dont like the flag graphics :shame:

·
Registered
108 Posts
i sound like a broken record :roll: they only produced 120-125 and only brought 85 over to the united states. if anyone is interested in having one i know of one for sale. It is $24,000 it was PTG (Bmw Race team in virginia) extra car, is race ready, Roll Cage, Seats, Timing system blah blah blah.. I can get you in contact with the right people if you are SERIOUS about it.

the flag graphics is the BMW MotorSports Flag, hence the same colors on the /// before the M3 and M5. I like it, it add's more personality to the car and makes it stand out alittle more. hopefully soon i should have a video of Sunir closing in on a 550 Marenello at Summit Point. :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing