Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
BMW problems aren't exactly isolated. A buddy of mine's 1998 M3 had its window fall out while he was driving and has had a slew of electrical issues relating to poor connections behind the dash... windows falling out of a 10 year old car?!? :suspiciou

Problems like this have happened to a lot of my friends with BMWs of all years. I'm not necessarily knocking BMW's reliability, but German cars have never been known for ultra-reliability as a whole.. that's no surprise.

·
13,727 Posts
After working in car audio for Circuit City I can tell you German cars were the cars we hated seeing the most pull up. Hidden bolts, stupid ways of running wires and cheap switchgear.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
oh geez. This isn't a huge recall. Compared to the amount of vehicles sold anyway. Every make has issues. Lexus had issues with the same sensor, though no recall was implemented. If the passenger pushed with enough force on the back of the seat they could damage the occupant detection sensor. With technology comes issues. The more gadgets one puts on a car the harder it is to predict every outcome.
This recall isn't to replace the airbags either, only the occupant detection sensor on the passenger seat. It wouldn't cause a airbag to randomly go off, and has no connection to the drivers airbag. Anyway, most owners probably do not ever have a issue with it, and getting it fixed should be a few hour warrenty event. No big deal. This really isn't huge news.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts