Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like the new S4, but Im not sure what the designers were thinking when they slapped on those textured doorpanel fins?

M3's are great cars, but they are too iconized and attention getting for me.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the S4 will do well when it gets here next summer because it appeals to a different buyer. I don't think M3 buyers will fancy the S4... I think the C32 is a more direct tarket to the S4. The E46 M3 is an extreme and serious driver's car. In contrast, the S4 and C32 are better all arounders....
Erici...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stcleaner said:
I have an IS only cause I can't afford an M3. Let's face it , it really is the ultimate driving machine.

You're right and I can say that througout its model range including the new 7-series (ugly, difficult to figure out, but will outhandle the competition)... Even the new 2003 Mercedes E-class doesn't handle as well as the current 5-series which about to be replaced... "The Ultimate Driving" machine is a well deserved title for the cars of that corporation...
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigDaddyRich said:
stcleaner said:
I have an IS only cause I can't afford an M3. Let's face it , it really is the ultimate driving machine.
HAHA.. I have an IS cause I couldnt afford the S4 :-D

Yeah between the M3 and S4, I'd definitely take the S4... More my kinda car.. I'm not into taking my car to the track.. The S4 can do everything the M3 can do, and more on a day to day basis (easier to live with throughout the year)....
Eric..

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
stcleaner said:
this i agree ...
the new m3 is my dream car, although i kinda doubt them now after all the reliability issues

i never like the old m3 the body looks really ordinary, perhaps even ugly imo.

s4.... never come as a thought of owning that car, it look very ordinary, almost similar to an a4, and given the choice between m3 and s4, ill take m3 anywhere, anytime.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
someone tell me what the deal is on those mpg numbers in the article. I know it's the european model and review (and I thought they wouldn't base on "miles" but rather km). :eek:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blue_j said:
someone tell me what the deal is on those mpg numbers in the article. I know it's the european model and review (and I thought they wouldn't base on "miles" but rather km). :eek:
England

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
both higher output than the IS and both better fuel efficiency. LOL

btw benign, not everyone needs their car to scream LOOK AT ME when they are driving

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
mrclam said:

btw benign, not everyone needs their car to scream LOOK AT ME when they are driving
Whoa, easy boy. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I don't think either one of those is my dream car. If I had the jingle, I would drop into a big comfortable 7 series.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
jonr1 said:
I don't think either one of those is my dream car. If I had the jingle, I would drop into a big comfortable butt-ugly 7 series.
I confess that the above quote was slightly edited for verisimilitude.

Thank you Eric for the article.

The Audi is more my cup of tea, but performance wise even the quattro system isn't a big enough Band-Aid to cover the inherent limitations (nose heavy) of a front-wheel-drive platform.

Another thing is that hideous cladding on the bottom of the Audi's doors, its presence pretty much limits you to black or another very dark color.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
CRB said:
jonr1 said:
I don't think either one of those is my dream car. If I had the jingle, I would drop into a big comfortable butt-ugly 7 series.
I confess that the above quote was slightly edited for verisimilitude.
I know I'm in the minority on this one but the more I see the 7 series the more I like it. At first the rear-end was a little odd, but I have started to become quite fond of the styling. In fact, I really like the Z4 styling as well.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
mrclam said:

i never want people to look at my car, i like to keep em low, yet nasty beneath the surface.

i believe ur looking for a beautiful car when u drive, perhaps the one that will always make u smile and fall in love all over again whenever u take a look at it. i felt that way with my is300, and goes the same with the new m3, and some other cars. but it has never been the old m3... it has a beautiful engine, but none of the asthetic beauty

its just my opinion, and i believe that u dont have to feel soo insecure about it. most importantly is that u love the car, and if u really do, why bother?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
Benign
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing