Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an IS site and all but you gotta check out these BMW movies at this link.
http://www.bmwfilms.com/site_layout/index.asp

When you get there click on "Films" and choose one of the 2 movies available. They are approx 5 minutes in length and are pretty cool Jame Bond type stuff.

Apparently BMW is putting these films out to promote their cars.
Anyone else know anything about this? Do tell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lex Luthor, I've been following that development for sometime. Apparently, the short films/commercials are showing only on the website b/c approx. 90% of automobile enthusiasts will visit the internet site when shopping for cars, hence the action films utilizing the vehicles. Interesting thing is BMW is using the top directors and film makers for these short clips (ie Ang Lee "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"). Must have cost them a pretty penny and probably and opportunity for the directors to have some fun. Nevertheless, if you view the films, you can see trademarks of the directors embedded (ie: Ronin-like sequences and Asian themes). I heard recently also that VW was working on a similar project but can't confirm. Anyhow the films are spiffy and worth the watch. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I should've checked here first before I posted the same subject over at the Off-topic section. Didn't mean to be redundant. I like the idea.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've downloaded the first two.... Definately worth it. I've gotta watch them like 3 times a day

Pure cars, guns, chases, etc... No romance crap there
haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
oh no! Clive Owen and *insert random chick* have a nice 'leisurely' drive to the beach in a 4 cylinder z3....

But wait! The only thing that could save this short is....

Libyan Terrorists!!! Parachuting from the sky with Uzi's! Clive runs for cover, does the "Dukes of Hazzard" over the hood of the Z3 and hops in. Then he runs over all the bad guys.

Ha, now there is an ending

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: GoBeta ]

·
Registered
200 Posts
"Ambush" and "Chosen" are the only two films available on the bmwfilms.com site.

They are both inferior to the third of the series: Wong Kar-wai's "The Follow".

Haven't seen it yet? Go to my post in the Parking Lot, "Sneak Peek", and be electrified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Luc
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing