Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket Bluetooth integration kits available for the IS that look like a factory installed bluetooth kit?

I've been able to research many brands like Ego (Who went out of business) and Rostra (Who doesn't make one for the IS) that use the toyota/lexus rectangle pop outs and look very good.

I was hoping to get one installed but I can't find any info online anywhere for a model that will work with the IS and fit in the little pop-outs or at least look like a very clean factory installed option.

Anyone have one installed that they can recommend?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look at the Scosche unit on Ebay, they are made specifically for the Lexus. You need a Sirius or XM unit to connect it to. I'm still looking, can't tell you how it works though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody else install the Dice MediaBridge 1500? I'm leaning that way, but I'm not seeing a lot of feedback on how well it works. My main attraction the A2DP streaming to my stock head unit. I also liked the USB thumb drive ability.

Amazon had some good reviews some not as good. Just wondering if anyone has had it for a while what it's like to live with everyday. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just finished installing my unit. I am please with almost everything so far. I have a non-NAV 250, and I have the DICE unit set up for CDC emulation since SAT emulation did not work. The iPhone is connected through bluetooth to talk and USB for pandora/ipod. I can play pandora/iPod through A2DP, but it wouldn't charge while sitting in the dock I had connecting to the USB port on the DICE unit. So I changed the option of play through the DICE Unit; it plays through the USB port and I can still answer calls via bluetooth on the sterring wheel. The only problem I have with the unit so far is when someone calls in, it announces the 1st 3 digits and fades into a ring. My friend can hear me loud clear while I'm sitting in the driveway. You sound like you're on speaker phone with them. I haven't got a chance to take it on the freeway yet.

Edit: Phone conversation the freeway is fine doing about 75. My friend said they knew I was driving b/c they heard a little wind noise, but not enough to interfere with our conversation. The only other thing I'm disappointed with the unit is you need to be in the SAT/CDC mode to actually talk on the phone ie. if you're listening to FM/AM and someone calls, you have to switch over to your SAT/CDC mode to answer/talk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts