Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure which color i want now. I was sold on blue, but now i am thinking black with tinted out windows and some chrome 19's would be nice. Confusion ! I would get silver but i have a silver Lightning right now, so i need something a bit different. My r6 is also blue, so maybe i should get Black ..

Anyone have some pics they can post of there IS300's to help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sometimes i think there is too much contrast between the black paint and the clear tailights... just IMHO....

I'm going with the blue

[This message has been edited by AltezzaRoku (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i thought when i seen the first black one also. Tinted windows for seem reason seems to make it look much better, and the taillights don't stick out as much for some reason it seems. I don't really like the black right off the dealer floor, but with some chrome 19's and tint it looks nice. Anyone have some pics of a blue one with chrome rims and tint?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
actually, I'm having the exact same problem with the same colors.... here's some pics tho....

I think I'm leaning more toward black...or then again blue... D'OH!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would just get blue if I were you coz black is the color that is pain in the ass to take care of... Well, blue it not that easy to take care of either, but a lot easier than black.

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True black is not a easy color, and i don't have a garage either right now. That is the pic that made me want black again =).

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
SBM baby. I personally think the altezza tail lights look bad on black cars.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by LexArkana:
SBM baby. I personally think the altezza tail lights look bad on black cars.

Agreed... but now, if we were to somehow smoke the chrome inside the tailights.....and tint the windows.....

·
13,978 Posts
you'll never get a tint like that black. that's the car from the brochure and it's airbrushed!

well if you want to check out my black IS with a 20% tint here ya go:

go here

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice car, i normally don't like wings but that one looks nice on your car. I will probably do 20% on the whole car and Ti35 on the windshield.

·
11,061 Posts
OK, the black is nice....but it ain't up to the BLUE!!!!!! And blue, in general comes in various shades...black is black. Do you really want to be the SAME as every other car out there? NAW!

OK, so get the black. That way MINE will be DIFFERENT!

[This message has been edited by SeattleSheila (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i think the Verdict is in...

SMB - I like the black but having no garage on my house yet and being winter still the black would be more work then i am ready for to keep looking new everyday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I imagine blue is a bit easier to take care of than black, but it still shows dirt and swirl marks pretty easily. Most dark colors (blue, green, etc) are pretty hard to take care of also.

Jeff

·
Registered
342 Posts
Agent, I hate you

Why doesnt my SBM sparkle like that

Oh yeah, I forgot. It has RAINED the last few weeks!

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Registered
224 Posts
BLUE!! BLUE!!!! SBM!!!! Don't get me wrong, I have had four black cars previously, but the blue is awesome!!!!! My second choice would be the graphite...third black......

------------------
'01 Spectra Blue Mica

1 - 20 of 20 Posts