Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the best place to get the led kit for the gauge cluster on an IS300. i have the kit that lextasy sells and it sucks. any input is GREATLY appreciated.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
get the ones that are for INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS.. . look thru their site.. . they are listed logically.... i bought a SHit load &did AL Lthe Idiot lights As wel las the Cluster lights Brian from Lextech.did for me .....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Lextech don't make any more clusters or any kind of lighting for the IS anymore ... not enough demand although i want one !!

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
for my dash i bought (3) 194, 4 led bulbs and (3) led wedge bulbs off superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Here is my dash...i still need to perfect it and add more led's but for now it works...at night its kinda hard to see how many miles you have and what gear you are in during eshift but its not that big of a deal for now. Im going to go back in there soon and see how many more led's i need. The 5 of the bulbs were on the gauge cluster and 1 was for the keyring which looks really good actually

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Romyo247 said:
Here is my dash...i still need to perfect it and add more led's but for now it works...at night its kinda hard to see how many miles you have and what gear you are in during eshift but its not that big of a deal for now. Im going to go back in there soon and see how many more led's i need. The 5 of the bulbs were on the gauge cluster and 1 was for the keyring which looks really good actually

i am not sure if this is possible but can you change the needle color to match the blue in the gauge cluster like you did?
because i saw these but they look really bright and ricerlike but if there is a way to match the rest of the cluster i think it would look nice.

and btw are going to write up a how to faq on how you did the cluster i want to do it when i get my is.

here is a picture of the ricerlike needles i was talking about.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
^^ yea its possible. I saw umm selling some where but i cant remember where. if i think of it ill let you know.

·
Registered
253 Posts
no problem man,,that picture is my car and that link should be to the uk ownersclub threadhere
and that PDF is one i put together, fargosys is my little effort of a website (currently having a revamp)
that should sort you, any Q's feel free to PM

·
Registered
22 Posts
cool will do later let me go to radioshack and see if they sell some of the leds i need i also saw that they did the starter along with the gauge cluster and console cluster very cool makes me wanna find a double din head unit that is blue like my single din alpine cda 9815 in my accord.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts