Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New here and new to the lexus gang. Bought an IS300h recently and its beautiful- absolutely love it. Only thing is barely any of my interior lights on the centre console work! The actual panels work i.e. air con, stereo etc but as soon as the car detects its night time and headlights switch on- the mini AC screen goes black and nothing inside lights up. When I say nothing inside I mean specifically:

1. Clock has no backlight so impossible to read at night but the clock works in telling time
2. The AC panel (with the hazard button) function fine but again, no blue illumination behind it. When the day lights are on the small climate control screen turns on but when its night, it goes black?!
3. The cd player doesnt illuminate either

The window buttons are illuminated and even the USB ports inside the elbow rest illuminate but the main centre console doesnt?! Got a mechanic to check all fuses- everything's fine. Checked the dimmer switch and the only thing it effects is the speedometer console behind the steering wheel. Double checked the issue by checking the day/night sensor and confirmed that it works fine- its just everything above that doesnt illuminate when its night time.

Any ideas what this could be? I'd rather avoid going to lexus for the £192 fault finding cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it sounds like an issue with the interior light switch. Though, most of us here have the first gen IS, so I'm not sure exactly how yours works. So everything lights up normally during the day? Just not at night? No stereo or wiring work was done?
Ahh damn thats a shame that most have the first gen (for me). So basically everything functions and works- the clock works, the climate control all work. Even the light to show you which climate control options have been selected- work (the orange or green light above the button). Its the blue backlight behind that isnt workign so I cant see what I need to press at night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.