Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, YES- I have searched and searched and have yet to find a conclusive answer. It appears that it IS legal to have a white turn signal light up front... what I am trying to find out is: if it is legal to have the actual bulb being blue and the light white. I know you can have a clear bulb with white light but if the bulb is blue, does that make it illegal?

And- is there somewhere I can go online to find this rule/code stated for GA so I have proof?

Thanks

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok- I found this, but is this only applicable to Cali? I need to find something for Georgia

dpatterson069 said:
SoSolid_IS said:
dpatterson069 said:
white/orange or Ultra white/orange is ok.. kinda funky, but ok

i have white/white which is legal in cali.. (not ultra white, just clear white bulbs)
they are clear when off and when they blink are pretty dang bright..
of course, they dont look like ultra white bulbs, but they give a nice contrast to the HID color.
if they are legal in Cali, then i must be able to put mine in this weekend ;)
believe it or not, because we have TWO blinker bulbs on each side, we can "bend" the rules a tad..

clear are legal.. yes, clear (no blue tint on bulbs) are legal.. and at 21w for two bulbs on each side, thats pretty dang bright...

ultra white are ILLEGAL!! (yes, even the light blue tinted bulbs).. ILLEGAL.. dont do those.. and for the love of god, dont aruge that those are "white".. you can see some blue.. thus ultra white MEANS it has some light specs of blue in it EVEN THOUGH its mostly white

and since we have two bulbs on each side, TECHNICALLY you can have ONE CLEAR and ONE ORANGE.. now, i know people with both setups, meaning clear(white) on top and orange on bottom AND ultra white on top and orange on bottom, none have them have ever gotten a ticket.....i believe its because since "white" , meaning CLEAR, is legal, and they still have orange, its OK. and even with ultra white on top and orange on bottom, they STILL have orange blinkers, thus its like "bending" the law..

personally, i thought it had to be EITHER orange OR clear.
not a combo , but hey.. whatever floats your boat;) , right?

do green if you must.. lol

one last thing, just so everyone knows: in CALI (and most states)

legal front blinkers are orange or white ( white as in clear, not ultra white)
legal rear blinkers are orange or red..

thats all folks! 8)

·
Registered
470 Posts
not legal BUT.,.. its not like the cops do shit about that :D

but if you get caught dun blame me... prolly a 15 dollar fee and have to change it back... but other than that i've been runnin a year with nothin... been in accidents too and the cops see the blinkers when i turn on my hazards and they don't do nothin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts