Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention all IS300 drivers: Please check the sidewalls of your Goodyear GS-D tires for bubbles. Had two of them noticed after Hokutos were installed. Thought the PEP boys broke the sidewall beads while changing out the wheels... it was not the case.
Took it to Goodyear distributor and they checked and found no broken beading, slashes, cracks or anything but a factory defect.
They replaced them for no charge an took all responsibility. I guess the Explorer/Firestone debacle is ingrained in their minds too.
Please realize that a bubble in a tire is a pending dangerous situation. A good pot hole landing could blowout the tire immediately... this is no fun at speed and can be dangerous to your health and longevity.
Go now all ye and check each square inch and use your fingers for the nubby knuckles that are easily missed with the unaided or unfocussed eye.
Respectfully,
Elliott Marshall, A.S., RPR

·
Registered
424 Posts
Where would the bubbles be ? On the surface of the tires or the interface between the tire and the rims ? Air leaking ?

thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bubbles are usually found on the sidewalls of the tires......If there are bubbles on the tread surface, will WILL definitely feel AND hear it...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been a Goodyear man for 35 years adn a couple million miles... no problems at all. You have to give them one bite of the apple... and then it turns poisonous; right?
E. Marshall

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the Potenza, too as all Canadian IS are equipped with this tires. However, firestone and Bridgestone are actually the same company..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
AndyL
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing