Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the worse that could happen? Got a ticket in Wyoming (83 in a 65 zone)...I think it was because I'm from out of state and won't be able to contest it. I won't be in Wyoming ever again, what do I care? Go ahead and issue the warrant :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Even if they don't communicate it back to your home state, you really don't want an outstanding arrest warrant issued for you anywhere. In most background checks that will show up and can make life miserable for you in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
hire an attorney locally, he'll write a letter requesting deffered adjudication, you pay court cost ect and your off. I got a 87 in a 65 going to Austin, and didnt ever have to show up to court.

good luck :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
You don't need to pay it, it's out of state and won't affect your driving record. Points in one state don't go acorss the state lines.

But just make sure you never step foot back in Wyoming. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,829 Posts
from wut i hear.. and have personally been thru.. a court will not keep a traffic violation in their system for more than 3 years. if you can manage to avoid the state in which you received ur ticket, chances are, you dont have to worry about it. but dont quote me on this as im sure it varies state to state. you should be careful tho, some states have jurisdiction into their neighboring states... ex: mass, ct, ny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Lady_IS said:
what's the worse that could happen? Got a ticket in Wyoming (83 in a 65 zone)...I think it was because I'm from out of state and won't be able to contest it. I won't be in Wyoming ever again, what do I care? Go ahead and issue the warrant :lol:
LESSON IS: Don't break the law if you can't afford to pay the fine. :shame:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Gold_IS300 said:
Lady_IS said:
what's the worse that could happen? Got a ticket in Wyoming (83 in a 65 zone)...I think it was because I'm from out of state and won't be able to contest it. I won't be in Wyoming ever again, what do I care? Go ahead and issue the warrant :lol:
LESSON IS: Don't break the law if you can't afford to pay the fine. :shame:

There's always one guy who always comes up with the best advice in a topic like this :shame: :lol:

Although I'm no lawyer, I think they will contact California and have them deal with ya...someone correct me if I'm wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
can anyone find out if there is a 3 year cap in jersey for the warrant? DT?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
Pay the ticket.

If you get pulled over in any state there's a chance the will pull up outstanding warrants from another state. People are getting nabbed and take to jail every day for outstanding traffic warrants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Don't do it.
You really should pay the ticket.

Twice in my life I decided not to pay a traffic ticket and they both hurt me in the end. I am from Colorado.

The first time was in Glendale, CA. I didn't pay the ticket. 6 months later I got a letter from a collection agency and had to pay ~$650.00

The second time was going 80 in a 70 in TX. I didn't find out until 2 years later that the state of Colorado had suspended my license for not paying.

Just my .02

Bear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
mickey513 said:
You don't need to pay it, it's out of state and won't affect your driving record. Points in one state don't go acorss the state lines.

But just make sure you never step foot back in Wyoming. :lol:
CORRECTION...

my friend's ticket AND accident from chicago showed up when he moved here and registered/insured his vehicle in cali
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
I dis-regarded a speeding ticket in upstate ny back in 97, and i got arrested twice for having a suspended license in that state.

Trust Me...isn't not worth it @ all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
chillinium said:
mickey513 said:
You don't need to pay it, it's out of state and won't affect your driving record. Points in one state don't go acorss the state lines.

But just make sure you never step foot back in Wyoming. :lol:
CORRECTION...

my friend's ticket AND accident from chicago showed up when he moved here and registered/insured his vehicle in cali
Well, my neghibor who is from NY has move to my place in CA. He has 3 tickets in NY, neither of which showed up in CA DMW when he went to register/insure his car in.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top