1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeah def, I agree as well. Of course, you wouldn't have to worry about making mistakes lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think its crazy always was a fan of drifting...just far too expensive in reference to tires..but the cars really do look like doodoo haha cool vid

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
it's the new zombie look... it's slowly gaining popularity among the nissan rwd crowd. it's a hate it or love it type thing..
its not new.. just new to America ..its call a missile car.
a missile car is something you learn to drift in , you can crash and it wont hurt you .. They should be cheap and dont have to have a ton of power. As this fad thats gaining popularity that you speak of is these pro drivers use them to have fun but they have more mods then the average grassroot drifter. Which I think is lame and its an opinion of mine.. Tony from DA drove 4 or 5 states just to find the right missile car.. instead of just buying a beater from the junk yard

·
Banned
12,268 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
AdamP -

just because you drive in formula D doesn't necessarily mean you're great. i know one of them and they told me straight up that some of the drivers just have the money and connections to be there. i guarantee there are many grassroots drifters who could easily hold their own in formula D but just dont have the resources to do it.

secondly, just because the car looks like turd doesn't mean that it isn't tuned to drift well. on that same note, just because you have a beautiful car with tons of money poured into it doesn't mean that it will be tuned properly for the sport.

being a professional at anything doesn't mean that you necessarily have to be good at it, it only means that you get compensation for it.

baadhabit -

i agree, seeing a very nice car drifting cleanly is a huge plus. i personally am more interested in the skill of the driver. you are entitled to prefer to watch the nice ones. Nothing wrong with liking what you like.

MrGregski -

you know whats up :cool:

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
just because you drive in formula D doesn't necessarily mean you're great. i know one of them and they told me straight up that some of the drivers just have the money and connections to be there. i guarantee there are many grassroots drifters who could easily hold their own in formula D but just dont have the resources to do it.

secondly, just because the car looks like turd doesn't mean that it isn't tuned to drift well. on that same note, just because you have a beautiful car with tons of money poured into it doesn't mean that it will be tuned properly for the sport.

being a professional at anything doesn't mean that you necessarily have to be good at it, it only means that you get compensation for it.
yes Im very familiar with how formula d(I have experience with it) and I know you can buy your way in and most that do dont stick around for long whent hey do.

I can also guarantee a grass roots car cant hold up to a built competition car( maybe 6 years ago but not to todays cars). I think you missed the whole point between missile, drift, comp car.. Any rwd car drift in the right hands, missiles are called a missile so you can hit stuff with them , and comp cars are pretty because they have a good quality driver.
I never sad since it looks like crap it must drive like crap..I said its sad to go outta your way to try and make it a turd because other people think its cool

The definition of pro...Theres alot of FD drivers dont get paid. There isnt much money in it unless your factory backed. Alot of people cant afford to be in FD ether

·
Registered
93 Posts
it's their money and their car, they can do what they want with it. im looking at the skills, you can look at what you want.

i disagree. i think that a grass roots car can hold up to a built competition car if you got the skills. in addition, the only way to get good at anything is to practice and to cross the limits. if you never cross the limits, then your skills are limited. that means sometimes you got to hit shit. some people can't afford to practice in pretty cars which get new paint when they get banged up. even the pros hit shit.

i didnt say get paid i said compensation. my guess is that all of the formula D drivers have some sort of sponsorship to be in this professional series. sponsorship could just mean discounted parts or what not. regardless, the point is that just because you're a professional at something doesnt mean you're necessarily good at it.

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
Just wanted to post this for no reason whatsoever, it's the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the "pros drive pretty bad in unbuilt cars" thing ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts