·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Clean as always :)
Thanks buddy!

made it into wekfest - ill see you there man
Nice! maybe we can park together at the show :approve:

Also I was checking the tokensolutions website just a while ago and o2 deletes were back in stock so I placed my order for the following.

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate with IAT/Coolant PnP Harness
Greddy MAP sensor
Greddy MAP sensor harness
Greddy Air/Fuel harness
Tokensolutions PnP o2 delete
AEM Failsafe
HKS PnP turbo timer harness

I don't have a turbo timer yet, but I do plan on getting one later down the road so I got the PnP harness for when that time comes. Now I just need to wait for all these parts to get here and I'll be ready to boost :p

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
The parts are here, big thanks to Shaun at Tokensolutions. Now I basically have everything needed to install the turbo kit :bigSmile:

I also looked over all of the parts I've collected so far to make sure I'm not missing anything and it looks like SRT forgot to send me a 4 inch coupler for the intake and a couple of oil fittings. Luckily I can get the coupler for $15 online, and I can probably pick up the oil fittings at lowes or home depot.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Man your paint is super clean! Nice meeting you at Wekfest!
It was nice meeting you too Corey! Your car is pretty nice in person, you're too modest ;)

Love that finish on the RPF1s, only time I really like those wheels lol
Haha thanks, I'm glad my car is a exception :p

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Okay so here's some pictures of my car from Wekfest Texas last week :bigSmile:

These were taken at the Pre-meet hosted by Mayday Garage last Saturday. From what I heard over 1,200+ cars showed up but I wasn't surprised, I got there early and it was still packed. :jawDrop:

These shots are from the the show on Sunday.

Okay, and now for a little eye candy :p

For those of you wondering where I'm at with the turbo kit, I basically have everything I need to install it. I just been lazy so it's been sitting in my closet. However I did assemble it to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Looking at it like this, there really isn't much to a turbo kit :lol:

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
The turbo is on the wrong side of the closet :lol:

Seriously though, looking good! My car has never shined like that. I'm jealous of the black BOV too!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
It's been a while since my last update, I've been busy with school but now that I'm on spring break I'm planning to install the turbo kit. TX2K is coming up too, so if I feel comfortable with my tune maybe I'll see what it runs at the track.

While I was reading up people's turbo threads to get a general idea of what to expect, I read about how some people had problems with the turbo melting wires and heating up other things under the hood. Well paranoia kicked in and I purchased a PTP T3 turbo blanket, and 100ft of their "lava" heat wrap.

I spent majority of today wrapping the turbo manifold. It was tricky figuring how to wrap it properly, I've wrapped headers before but this was my first time wrapping a turbo manifold. I was only planning on wrapping the manifold and downpipe, but I had some leftover heat wrap so I decided to also wrap the dump tube and I used whatever I had left on the midpipe.

I haven't secured the heat wrap on the downpipe with the locking ties yet since I still need to get some o2 bungs welded on so for now its just held on with tape.

Probably the last time I'll see my engine bay look like this.

Nothing special but hey at least its cleaner than when I first got the car 3 years ago :lol:

101 - 120 of 350 Posts