Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
8,849 Posts
It is Fujitsu Ten. So far no compatible unit has been reported. Aux input mod, however, has been done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could I convince you to do some digging?

WiLz,
Could I convince you to do some digging for the P/N that works?

BTW, after these posts, i called my dealer and they told me it was a Pioneer.

WiLz said:
it is fujitsu ten, and there IS a BlitzSafe adapter for it (i have one installed) but i don't know the exact part number.

·
8,849 Posts
Re: Could I convince you to do some digging?

stu77429 said:
Your dealer is talking out of his a$$.
Some of us that have actually taken the unit out and even went as far as taking it apart, know a bit better.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: Could I convince you to do some digging?

stu77429 said:
WiLz,
Could I convince you to do some digging for the P/N that works?

WiLz said:
it is fujitsu ten, and there IS a BlitzSafe adapter for it (i have one installed) but i don't know the exact part number.
Your dealer is wrong, the headunit is Fujitsu Ten, mine even has a fujitsu ten sticker on it. The stock speakers however are pioneer.

Most dealers don't know jack. when I bought my car, he didn't even know that you had to disengage the Ebrake before the daytime running headlights turn on.

Anyway, about this blitzsafe aux input adapter for the IS300 stock headunit, is it really true it exists? Cuz if it does I'll be kind of pissed, I spent HOURS and HOURS researching and making my own!!!! :( :-?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
WiLz said:
Are you sure there IS a BlitzSafe adapter for the IS300 headunit? I just took a look at their site and it looks like it would only work with Lexus headunits (Nak or not) that have a dataport for an external CD changer. IS300 headunits are obviously internal CD changers.

·
8,849 Posts
drinkmalk said:
WiLz said:
Are you sure there IS a BlitzSafe adapter for the IS300 headunit? I just took a look at their site and it looks like it would only work with Lexus headunits (Nak or not) that have a dataport for an external CD changer. IS300 headunits are obviously internal CD changers.
I noticed that too. That's how the Audio In works - by emulating CD Changer and using its inputs.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
our headunits are DEFINITELY Fujitsu Ten:

there is an empty slot on the back of the headunit that the BlitzSafe can plug into...i tried to dig up pix of it, but this is the only one i can find...can't really see the part number...

i will try to find the part number.
there is a slight problem though, and that is due to the fact that the BlitzSafe uses the CD channel to output audio, and our CD players do not have a PAUSE or STOP option, so when i use it with my PS2, both sounds are played simutaneously through the speakers. the solutions i have found are that either put in a blank CD so that the CD player just reads "ERROR" and it will stay like that until you change discs, or you can burn a blank audio track on one of your CDs and put it on repeat.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
WiLz said:
i will try to find the part number.
there is a slight problem though, and that is due to the fact that the BlitzSafe uses the CD channel to output audio, and our CD players do not have a PAUSE or STOP option, so when i use it with my PS2, both sounds are played simutaneously through the speakers. the solutions i have found are that either put in a blank CD so that the CD player just reads "ERROR" and it will stay like that until you change discs, or you can burn a blank audio track on one of your CDs and put it on repeat.
This BlitzSafe adapter sounds more and more like a hack job to me. If what you describe is true, then it shouldn't matter if the headunit is on CD or if it's on FM or AM, you willl always get the double sounds coming out of your speakers. Please give it a try and let us know the results.

As skeptical as I am about this adapter, I would still like to know what's behind it and if I can use it since the AUX input I rigged up has too many wires coming out of it and I'm just waiting for one of them to jiggle loose or short.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
WiLz said:
our headunits are DEFINITELY Fujitsu Ten:
there is an empty slot on the back of the headunit that the BlitzSafe can plug into...i tried to dig up pix of it, but this is the only one i can find...can't really see the part number...
There is an empty slot? I don't recall ever seeing an extra empty slot on the back of my head unit.... But I suppose I could have missed it. Anyone else?

·
8,849 Posts
Yes, there is an empty slot. 2001 may not be empty - 2 wire harness is using it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From the tech at BlitzSafe

Here is what the tech at BlitzSafe told me.

1. The part to get is not the one that is designated for the CD player, but the part that is designated as adding an AUX Input. Don't ask me what the difference is, I don't know.

Here is the part he said to get:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_cata...es/inst_lexaux_dmxv1a/inst_lexaux_dmxv1a.html

Here is the other part he said NOT to get:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_cata...otes/inst_lexaux_dmxv1/inst_lexaux_dmxv1.html

2. You remove the 12 pin connector from the head unit and plug in the BlitzSafe. You then plug the head unit into a matching 12 pin connector on the BlitzSafe.

3. Connect 12V Power and 12V ACC

4. You'll then have two RCA Line In connectors (Red and White)

5. Press the CD button twice and the BlitzSafe comes up as Track 99.

6. If you want CD, press the CD button again and it goes back to normal operation.

I ordered the adapter today but it was backordered till next Friday. Now I am wondering if I should go back and cancel my order.

·
Master Troll
462 Posts
well let us know how it goes. It'd be nice to have an aux input!

·
8,849 Posts
Don't cancel your order.
If it works the way they tell it should, that would be an excellent way of adding AUX inputs. 8)
Be sure to take pictures and write a review when you try it out.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Re: From the tech at BlitzSafe

stu77429 said:
Here is what the tech at BlitzSafe told me.

1. The part to get is not the one that is designated for the CD player, but the part that is designated as adding an AUX Input. Don't ask me what the difference is, I don't know.

Here is the part he said to get:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_cata...es/inst_lexaux_dmxv1a/inst_lexaux_dmxv1a.html

Here is the other part he said NOT to get:
http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_cata...otes/inst_lexaux_dmxv1/inst_lexaux_dmxv1.html

2. You remove the 12 pin connector from the head unit and plug in the BlitzSafe. You then plug the head unit into a matching 12 pin connector on the BlitzSafe.

3. Connect 12V Power and 12V ACC

4. You'll then have two RCA Line In connectors (Red and White)

5. Press the CD button twice and the BlitzSafe comes up as Track 99.

6. If you want CD, press the CD button again and it goes back to normal operation.

I ordered the adapter today but it was backordered till next Friday. Now I am wondering if I should go back and cancel my order.
Did you order it through the site? How much was it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vlad_a yeah, you just want me to be the guines pig!! :lol:

They want $129 plus tax :pissed:

I'm not the handy type so it was worth it to me if it simplifies getting AUX inputs.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts