Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few questions concerning these wheels...Hopefully someone can help me out...Will the 18x8F and 18x9R both with +45 offset fit with no problem?...Where would I be able to find the best price for buying?...Is there any pics out there with these wheels on an IS?...Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out...Later...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Heres a pic of 18x8 all around.

Close up

You'll be fine with 8's and 9's (+45) if you dont mind modding your rear fender.

I recommend grinding, not rolling. I saw a 350z and IS300 today, both with rolled fenders. And the paint is flaking away underneath, and starting to show on the outside of the fender.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mr who - Thanks a lot for the pics...The wheels fit the IS well...I really did not want to mod the rear fenders so I guess I have to find some new wheels now...I just don't want to go 18x8 all around with these...I don't think that it would look as good as it could with the 18x9 in the rear...But anyway will I have to mod the rear with any 18x9?...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
18x9 +45 will rub if you have people in the back seat, if your car is lowered more than average, or if you take a turn fast. So pretty much yeah, it'll rub cause doing all that stuff is necessary.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey... I have 18x8 45 with 225/40/18 tires and 18x9 45 with 255/35/18 in rear

both front and rear fenders are rolled...... with 2" drop.. no rub now....

hope that helps.... now if you cut your bumpstops, you will always rub in the front, because of the added wheel travel, the tire will be rubbing on the plastic wheel well linning....

^^ happened to me.... I had to put the full length bump stops on again to stop the rubbing....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.