Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the damn eyelids didnt come with any double sided tape so i went out and bought some Heavy Duty 3M Scotch Clear Mounting Tape...

i installed it and they felt like they were able to be ripped off...
so im worried about someone stealing them...
then when i closed the hood...(i was doing some other work on the engine) the hood went down...and chipped it :whine: :pissed:

so what did u guys (with eyelids) use to mount it?

ill have pics up by friday if possible...

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
AltezzaBoy03 said:
the damn eyelids didnt come with any double sided tape so i went out and bought some Heavy Duty 3M Scotch Clear Mounting Tape...

i installed it and they felt like they were able to be ripped off...
so im worried about someone stealing them...
then when i closed the hood...(i was doing some other work on the engine) the hood went down...and chipped it :whine: :pissed:

so what did u guys (with eyelids) use to mount it?

ill have pics up by friday if possible...
what I did with my toms was too put heavy duty 3m all over it. Mine almost came off, what you should do is open your hood and place ducktape on the headlight, and it doesnt move or anything. Ill try taking pictures...

EDIT PICTURES.

sorry for the bad pics.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately, my eyelids dont extend inwards like yours so i cant really put ductape on it :(

if i do, it will show :oops:

·
2,904 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
XXXXXX rigged!^^^ :lol:
Watch yourself! :pissed:

That kind of talk will not be tolerated by me or the administrators, keep that in the PL.

Thank You

·
Registered
150 Posts
Usually some body shops have the real good double sided tape and that shit wont come off easy at all. Just got some tailight covers and they used what they had and that shit is not coming off.
Ask a good body shop i still think its 3M but its real heavy duty and bodyshops and stuff use it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh i just tried taking them off...the passenger side is tight as hell
the driver side wasnt so tight but it managed to stay on...but i also cracked it...but the crack is not noticeable...its still on....so now i just need to tuck in more 3M...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
yeah double sided tape didnt do the trick for me. i went to home depot and got some industrial strength velcro. its realy strong. i put it on the top and on the outside (only nest to the blinker). very hard to budge. dont be worried about anyone stealing them cause i mean if they try to steal them they will prob end up breaking them off so either way ur screwed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have u tried to heat up the tap a lil..wiht like a blow dryer to make it even sticker...

Like heat up the tape a lil...den stick it to the eyelid, then heat up the other side..and place it on the headlight..then allow to cool.

I'm jsut wondering, cuz thats how i put on emlbems. Might work...tho..y not give it a try.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My body shop installed my eyelids and used some kind of caulk/epoxy that was in a tube. the installation is permanent (which i dont mind) and have no worries about loosing (someone stealing) them. The glue is pretty much bulletproof....and any chips that may happen, a tube of touch up paint should do the trick.

Oh yea, i got the flatline eyelids.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got mine from silviaparts.com
not a very professional site like .net and lextasy.com but i got the parts without a problem

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well since its my first set of eyelids ever, i guess its alright

didnt realize how breakable they were...i put a crack in it...
the under side (where noone can see) is all focked up...meaning no paint...

but its a good fit and i would buy from them again if my eyelids ever get stolen :eek:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.